Dell S2522HG VRR + response time question

Talk about AMD's FreeSync and VESA AdaptiveSync, which are variable refresh rate technologies. They also eliminate stutters, and eliminate tearing. List of FreeSync Monitors.

Dell S2522HG VRR + response time question

Post by 359 » 25 Jul 2023, 08:55

Hi guys, being reading this forum for years gathering some useful info, thanks everyone ;)
Time to ask my question:
Recently I bought S2522HG monitor by Dell, used it for a few weeks, and it's a pretty good one, i like it, but i was using it w\o VRR - FreeSync premium(don't need it cause i play csgo only at 600+ fps) with "Super fast" response mode(2ms), cause "Extreme"(1ms) produces noticeable visual artifacts on moving objects(Dell mentioned about it in manual so it wasnt a surprise for me).
Then i accidentally found that enabling VRR while Extreme response mode is active reducing ghosting strong enough or eliminating it completely. So I've got a reasonable question: does VRR somehow affects panel response and what value it becomes and how it is even possible? Any thoughts?

Thx!

Zynedify

Re: Dell S2522HG VRR + response time question

Post by Zynedify » 15 Oct 2023, 11:53

What’s up. This is actually a common thing for dell monitors. I had the AW2521HF & it was doing the same thing. RTings did a review & they said that it changes the overdrive when you enable VRR (with some tests to prove it https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/ ... e-aw2521hf) but others say it’s just locking the overdrive. I believe there is a difference though. Personally I would just use super fast without VRR for the less input lag. Recently got the S2522HG & it is better then the AW2521HF speed wise.