FreeSync Displays Availability Confirmed December/January

Talk about AMD's FreeSync and VESA AdaptiveSync, which are variable refresh rate technologies. They also eliminate stutters, and eliminate tearing. List of FreeSync Monitors.

sharknice

Re: FreeSync Displays Availability Confirmed December/Januar

Post by sharknice » 12 Nov 2014, 19:59

This is exciting. Hopefully FreeSync works as well as GSYNC. I'm still a little bit skeptical because they haven't really shown many demos or anything. I guess we'll just have to be patient.

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 12 Nov 2014, 20:15

Text say another: Monitors Compatible with Project FreeSync - Available in 6 to 12 months.

Avivaa

Post by Avivaa » 12 Nov 2014, 21:42

Q83Ia7ta wrote:Text say another: Monitors Compatible with Project FreeSync - Available in 6 to 12 months.
The pretension text is obsolete as he stated when he showed it .

Alamar

Re: FreeSync Displays Availability Confirmed December/Janua

Post by Alamar » 13 Nov 2014, 06:21

I also hope that it won't be worse then gsync. And if so that all monitors will adopt this technology, and honestly it is a kind of thing that should be done long time ago. Intertesting is if there will be possible good quality strobing mode on this monitors.

Avivaa

Post by Avivaa » 13 Nov 2014, 07:31

Yap :D

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 18 Nov 2014, 13:50

That video is private now, who confirmed it? I haven't seen any product announcements from monitor manufacturers, and I haven't seen anything about the monitors AMD said they were going to send to reviewers in September and October.

The most recent "news" I've heard is availability of adaptive-sync compatible scalers and tcons, but it takes time to turn that into a product.

Avivaa

Post by Avivaa » 19 Nov 2014, 16:34

They made it private because he said some stuff about Directx 12 not supporting windows 7 and stuff that he has no right to speculate on but the information he gave on the release date of the Free Sync monitors still stands. http://www.rifenews.com/amd-backs-away- ... irectx-12/
http://www.legitreviews.com/richard-hud ... ber_153831 " The video we sourced for this news post has been removed by Sapphire. We contacted AMD and Sapphire about why the video was removed and was given the following statement.

“There have been reports based on a video of Richard Huddy of AMD making speculative comments around DirectX 12 support on versions of Windows. Richard Huddy does not speak for Microsoft, and he was unfortunately speculating from Microsoft’s publication of key dates and milestones for Windows 7 lifecycle and mainstream support policy. Richard has no special insight into Microsoft’s Windows or DirectX roadmaps. Microsoft is a key, strategic partner for AMD and we’re continuously collaborating with them on DirectX 12.”

In the video AMD’s Richard Huddy said that Microsoft DirectX 12 will not be supported by Windows 7. Windows 7 makes up over half of all active Windows installations, so it appears that got a number of people fired up!"

GameLifter

Post by GameLifter » 20 Nov 2014, 16:52

Looks like it's going to be March 2015 according to this article from Anandtech:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8741/amd- ... c-displays

Black Octagon

Post by Black Octagon » 20 Nov 2014, 17:21

Hmm, so at least 14 months after the original CES demo "...