Freesync appears active on AG251FZ with nvidia card

Talk about AMD's FreeSync and VESA AdaptiveSync, which are variable refresh rate technologies. They also eliminate stutters, and eliminate tearing. List of FreeSync Monitors.
fenderjaguar

Freesync appears active on AG251FZ with nvidia card

Post by fenderjaguar » 26 Sep 2018, 05:31

I've had my AG251FZ for a while now, and I use it with nvidia card.

I recently clean installed windows 10, but now it is always saying freesync is active, instead of displaying the vertical refresh rate in the OSD. When I first noticed this happened there was a green flash when a game went fullscreen mode (reminicent of the time I had the first prototype gsync monitor, when it went into gsync mode) and from then on it just says freesync instead of the real refresh rate.

https://imgur.com/4u4cWQ2

I must admit, I wondered if it actually is running in adaptive sync mode, but it's very hard to see tearing on 240hz, so I tested it in 60hz and I can see tearing, so it definitely isn't some miracle (not that I would actually use freesync, I prefer nosync in highest refresh, that's why I sold the gsync monitor and bought this).

Also, I notice that in nvidia control panel, it now says my AG251FZ is AG251FWG2?!

Has anyone else had this problem with this monitor? It only just started yesterdays when I clean install windows. I am wondering if it is something to do with "full screen optimisations" feature of windows 10, because I manually uninstalled a lot of the xbox apps with powershell on my previous windows install