HELP - How to pick sub 250€ 1080p 144hz freesync monitor

Talk about AMD's FreeSync and VESA AdaptiveSync, which are variable refresh rate technologies. They also eliminate stutters, and eliminate tearing. List of FreeSync Monitors.
DuckyMarvelous

HELP - How to pick sub 250€ 1080p 144hz freesync monitor

Post by DuckyMarvelous » 02 Mar 2019, 07:18

Hello Blur Busters :)

I am happy to write here about my problem, but first, a little bit of introduction about what I have as a computer and how I would use the screen.

I finally upgraded from a 5 years old laptop to a brand new desktop with Vega 56 and Ryzen 5 2600. I mainly use my computer for gaming and light photo / video editing (work related but not heavy stuff). I have a ViewSonic VX2457-mhd to do all this.

I want to change of monitor, mostly for gaming. Games are still choppy, blurry and people told me it was my 75hz screen with bad specs who was the main culprit. So I wish to find a sub 250€ freesync monitor in 1080p with 144hz refresh rate and little to no blurriness (understand the best for smooth 144 fps gaming, I don't really care about color accuracy).

Do you have any recommendations?

So far, I looked at some models and found those:

ViewSonic - XG2401
AOC - G2460PF
ViewSonic - VX2458-mhd

I also live in France so prices and availability can be different.

I am sorry if I did any mistakes in english, don't hesitate to point out if I wasn't understood or if I was rude in anyway :)