Strobed FreeSync now available! Simultaneously.

Talk about AMD's FreeSync and VESA AdaptiveSync, which are variable refresh rate technologies. They also eliminate stutters, and eliminate tearing. List of FreeSync Monitors.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Strobed FreeSync now available! Simultaneously.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 May 2019, 12:26

I've published a new article:

Strobed FreeSync! ASUS TUF VG32VQ Gaming Monitor Has ELMB-SYNC Simultaneous FreeSync And Blur Reduction

ASUS has a new TUF Gaming brand, and its new gaming monitor ASUS TUF VG32VQ combines variable refresh rate (VRR) with motion blur reduction.

Many gaming monitors include a motion blur reduction feature to eliminate display motion blur. Also, many include variable refresh rate (VRR) feature such as FreeSync to eliminate stuttering and tearing.The ASUS brand for motion blur reduction is ELMB, which stands for Extreme Low Motion Blur.

However, you could never combine ELMB and FreeSync... Until now.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Strobed FreeSync now available! Simultaneously.

Post by RealNC » 10 May 2019, 14:23

That was unexpected, to say the least. NVidia dropped the ball on this one. They claim G-Sync is "superior". Well, not so superior now, ey? :lol:

Waiting for reviews...
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

karavanasam

Post by karavanasam » 10 May 2019, 15:11

Awesome. ;)

Blural

Post by Blural » 11 May 2019, 13:13

Why on earth did they put this amazing technological innovation on a curved panel? I really can't stand this feature. Curved causes straight lines to be curved. Oh well at least now that it's out there, there should be some non curved panels with it eventually. I've been looking forward to this day since I read a paper Mark Rejhon wrote some 6 years ago. About time.

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 11 May 2019, 14:54

Have they hinted at a release date?

Hadookaan

Post by Hadookaan » 11 May 2019, 19:33

Oh WOW this is big news, finally we can have VRR and BFI together these are great times!(not sure about the VA panel and curved thou)

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 11 May 2019, 21:23

We really need someone to help Chief get a review sample of this and then post exactly about how it works and what drawbacks there are if any, as well as if it works properly in games that enforce a much lower refresh rate (e.g. 60hz, for example). And then Chief would be able to nail any crosstalk issues--and I'm sure there are going to be crosstalk issues with a VA panel.

Vega

Post by Vega » 12 May 2019, 14:18

Definitely wasn't expecting this. I bet everyone on this forum will end up with this monitor!

Then again, it's ASUS. Which means the monitor is still two years away. Their reveal to shelf time is INSANE these days.

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 12 May 2019, 19:06

Vega wrote:Definitely wasn't expecting this. I bet everyone on this forum will end up with this monitor!

Then again, it's ASUS. Which means the monitor is still two years away. Their reveal to shelf time is INSANE these days.

OLEDs might have this capability by then. It's going to be hard to go from OLED back to LCD, but with this tech it may be worth it.