Picking a 240hz Free Sync monitor with G sync support

Talk about AMD's FreeSync and VESA AdaptiveSync, which are variable refresh rate technologies. They also eliminate stutters, and eliminate tearing. List of FreeSync Monitors.
Brodeany

Picking a 240hz Free Sync monitor with G sync support

Post by Brodeany » 30 Jul 2019, 17:48

I have a GTX 1070 and already have a 144hz monitor with g sync but think it would be cool to get 240hz one as I easily reach that kind of frame rate the games I play. I have been doing a lot of research on various 240hz displays that support g sync with the recent Nvidia Freesync support.

The two I have been looking at are:

Acer XF250Q Cbmiiprx
Asus ROG Strix XG258Q

My only real concern is how the color/contrast will look. Obviously if you are buying a TN panel, colors are not going to look as good as IPS but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these monitors and how they look. I have been a bit spoiled with an IPS display but I will definitely still keep my current one for that :P . And if there is any other monitors similar that support G sync with decent TN panels at 240hz let me know.

I do live in New Zealand though which kind of limits some of my options, as some of the monitors on the official list are not available here.

apexpr3d

Re: Picking a 240hz Free Sync monitor with G sync support

Post by apexpr3d » 31 Oct 2019, 09:16

I don't know about the two monitors you listed, but I do know that the Alienware AW2518HF is one of the best freesync monitors out there that can use g-sync. The colors on the panel are also considered one of the best. It is not that expensive either, you should look at the monitor and check if it's something you would like.