Acer XF240H Freesync not working with DisplayPort cable

Talk about AMD's FreeSync and VESA AdaptiveSync, which are variable refresh rate technologies. They also eliminate stutters, and eliminate tearing. List of FreeSync Monitors.
sesamsam

Acer XF240H Freesync not working with DisplayPort cable

Post by sesamsam » 11 Dec 2019, 15:52

Hi,

This monitor has a feature that displays the current Hz of the monitor.
When I use a HDMI cable I can see the Hz change accordingly to the FPS but the problem with HDMI is that is can only go up to 120hz.

When I use a DisplayPort cable I can get 144hz but the Hz doesn't change, it keeps at 144hz. Freesync is turned on at the AMD settings.

Any idea how I can fix this problem? Thanks in advance

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Acer XF240H Freesync not working with DisplayPort cable

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Dec 2019, 16:26

Hello,

Have you tried a different DisplayPort on your card or on the monitor? There are occasional situations with certain ports not working with FreeSync.

P.S. You Posted twice. There's a moderator queue for new users (a feature I've activated of the form upgrade) since spammers were trying to invade our forums, so apologies if your posts didn't show up immediately.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

sesamsam

Re: Acer XF240H Freesync not working with DisplayPort cable

Post by sesamsam » 12 Dec 2019, 04:40

I figured out that you can experience issues when using different Hz monitors, like I did.

When I used HDMI FreeSync would work perfectly but when I switched to DisplayPort it wouldn't work for some reason. I discovered that when I unplugged my second monitor it would work without any issues! So after searching about having issues with 2 different Hz monitors I found a solution!

I turned on the Intel HD graphics in the BIOS and plugged in my second monitor into my motherboard. Now everything works like it should!
I don't know if this issue is related to Windows or to the AMD drivers but I THINK it's related to Windows since Nvidia cards also have issues using different Hz monitors.