Samsung 49" S95UC frame skipping?

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
creon

Samsung 49" S95UC frame skipping?

Post by creon » 11 Apr 2024, 14:45

Hey everyone,

I am really desperate at this point because I have no idea where else to go to.
I just received my S95UC yesterday, having tried everything I could but I noticed pretty early that something's off, coming from having a 144hz XL2411Z as a second monitor for years now. So I'd say I know how 144hz feel like.
When firstly connecting it to my GTX 970, I quickly came to conclusion that my 970 only supports DP1.2, which would not be enough for the monitors 5120 x 1440 px at 120Hz.
So I went out and quickly got my hands on a RTX 2070 Super and installed it. Did a fresh driver install with DDU and tried my luck again. At this point I had also ordered a new DP cable, as I was unsure of what type of DP cable I had (I tried with the shipped HDMI cable, my own HDMI cables and one of my own DP cables before) so I ordered a new "16K" DP cable as well. Today it arrived, so all my hope was on it.
But.. as sometimes it goes, I did not have any luck. The Samsung live chat support couldn't help me at all, only offered me to call back some time next week, so I am currently really about to get crazy over this monitor, send it back and order a LG UltraWide 49WQ95X-W instead. (Does anyone have any insight on this one by the way?)

These are pictures of the frame skipping test, when running the monitor on 60Hz I get straight lines, but whenever I put it on 120 (doesn't matter which resolution, I can't get straight lines on even the lowest possible resolutions) it seems to skip every second rectangle..

What else can I do in this case? As it didn't work on neither of my GPUs I am really devastated at this point

Thanks in advance for your replies and help
Attachments
IMG_1608.JPG
IMG_1608.JPG (5.63 MiB) Viewed 229 times
IMG_1609.JPG
IMG_1609.JPG (5.71 MiB) Viewed 229 times
IMG_1610.JPG
IMG_1610.JPG (5.83 MiB) Viewed 229 times