Video game motion jitters

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
benjji1

Video game motion jitters

Post by benjji1 » 08 Jun 2024, 15:28

Hello, Ive been trying to diagnose an issue ive been having recently, with both games and video/browser playback. (alot more noticable at lower FPS and on browser/video playback, higher fps and/or gsync seems to alliveate but not fix the issue) and whilst trying to diagnose these issues I tried using the "UFO Test Frame Rates: video game motion" and anything between 30-60 causes huge, what i can only describe as "jitters" or "shaking" its ALOT more noticable at 30 compared to 60, where as 120 is alot smoother, but seemingly has micro "jitters" instead. I doubt this is normal, what could be causing this? I did also try "VsyncTester.com" but as thats not apart of the UFO tests but is similar to the one that UFO tests uses, Both stutter with vsync. and using the frametime graph on vsynctester the graph is very jittery, I can provide screenshots if wanted but as again its not apart of the UFO tests i wont until asked just in case. I did try the vsynctester on a fresh windows install i made and its alot smoother, Could it be that? ive yet to try Both Videogame Motion and UFO Tests' own vsync tester on that install but i will do when next getting around to it, as ive had this issue for a while and its pretty draining to be constantly diagnosing.
Im guessing i should just make the switch to a fresh install but would like any other opinions or anyones experience with this type of jitter, as ive also tried researching but as the issue is difficult to describe its hard to do so.
Thanks alot for any help and if this post is against any rules since i did use and talk about vsynctester then i apologise, as i think they are both symptoms of the same issue.