Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

TestUFO stuck at 60Hz only on chrome

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the www.TestUFO.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!

TestUFO stuck at 60Hz only on chrome

Postby Diamonds » 02 Jan 2018, 10:31

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Edited Update:
See HOWTO: Fix "TestUFO Stuck at 60Hz" FAQ

Hi,

Before I would say that I've already try everything on this topic : viewtopic.php?f=19&p=28093#p28093

So for me chrome (v.63.0.3239.108) is stuck at 60Hz. I've tryed chrome canary and he is on 144hz.

Here's a chrome://gpu screenshot on chrome : http://prntscr.com/hv5a5r http://prntscr.com/hv5ab6 http://prntscr.com/hv5afa

By the way in chrome canary everything is hardware accelerated.
Diamonds

Re: TestUFO stuck at 60Hz only on chrome

Postby Chief Blur Buster » 02 Jan 2018, 12:20

This is often caused by Chrome's somewhat-flawed GPU-driver-blacklisting behaviour. Sometimes it has good intentions, but for a minor graphics driver bug, it sometimes disables excessively huge numbers of hardware-accelerated features just to get around a teensy GPU driver bug...

Go to chrome://flags and then:
-- "Override software rendering list" = Enable
-- "Accelerated 2D Canvas" = Enable

If that doesn't work, try also:
-- "GPU rasterization" = Enable
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter!
To support Blur Busters: Official List of Best Gaming Monitors | G-SYNC | FreeSync | Ultrawide
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Postby Diamonds » 02 Jan 2018, 12:46

I've have enable everything, it doesn't work..
Diamonds

Postby Chief Blur Buster » 02 Jan 2018, 16:36

Diamonds wrote:I've have enable everything, it doesn't work..

Ugh! Aren't browser bugs fun?

At least you said the Chrome Canary build works with 144Hz. But what about Chrome Beta?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter!
To support Blur Busters: Official List of Best Gaming Monitors | G-SYNC | FreeSync | Ultrawide
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Postby Diamonds » 03 Jan 2018, 07:25

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
Diamonds wrote:I've have enable everything, it doesn't work..

Ugh! Aren't browser bugs fun?

At least you said the Chrome Canary build works with 144Hz. But what about Chrome Beta?

Chrome Beta works too with 144Hz..
Diamonds

Postby Chief Blur Buster » 03 Jan 2018, 10:22

That's the good news.

Chrome should probably be back to normal for you soon once Beta version number becomes the main release version number.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Postby RealNC » 04 Jan 2018, 04:55

Stable uses its own settings directory. When you install beta or canary, the settings are separate, which might be why they work. So it could be some setting or extension is probably at fault.
Twitter: @realnc

The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.
RealNC

Postby Chief Blur Buster » 04 Jan 2018, 21:45

Could be. That said, I've seen Chrome break and repair itself before. I remember a specific version of Chrome 30 that really didn't work well until Beta became the release, then 120Hz/144Hz resumed working. So there's precedent.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Return to Test UFO Motion Tests