VSYNC Failure and stutter (FIXED!)

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
Satkiewicz

VSYNC Failure and stutter (FIXED!)

Post by Satkiewicz » 21 Feb 2023, 12:31

At the beginning i I'd like to apologise for my bad English, Im from Poland and i want to help you guys.
Yesterday i used UFO test and i saw something strange about my Hz (my hz dropped to 158-162 something like that) and weird information "Vsync failure". I was curious why these problems occured on my PC so i went to forum and started reading about that. I did another test called "Animation timing" and there was a lot of stutter. I found solution in RGB software. I know there are a lot of topics about that stutter and RGB software but i want to add a little extra tip for you. On my setup big problem was RGB software as i said earlier but don't be stupid like me and do the things right, I will tell you so be patient and read :D
I have Gigabyte motherboard and AORUS Gigabyte card (With LCD Screen !THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!)
If u have that setup like me, you have APP Center which have apps like SIV(For control fans) and RGB Fusion. U need UNINSTALL rgb fusion because that app causing all the problems. Just pick color what u want for ur card and motherboard and it will stay so u can uninstall that app and u will still have rgb lights on your setup so don't worry about that.
It sounds easy like just click uninstall on APP center and u are ready to go but on my PC it was not working because i only uninstalled RGB from APP Center and i still had these stutters.
U need uninstall all of these garbage RGB Software from ur disc MANUALLY. Clicking on that app did nothing. I felt stupid at this moment cuz i thought APP will uninstall all of these rgb crap software and u don't need uninstall them manually. I was sitting and thinking whats going on.

--------------------I show u my steps that helped me get rid of that stutter and get crystal clear tests.--------------------------
1. Go to the APP Center and click Uninstall RGB Fusion
2. Go to the disc (I had mine on C:/Program Files/Gigabyte)
3. Uninstall RGB Fusion. After this my stutters almost disappeared but some of them were still there
4. Uninstall LCD Software (ONLY FOR AORUS LCD CARDS) This garbage rgb caused most of the stutters. Really i dont know why but Gigabyte have really crappy software
5. Disable AFTERBURNER. I have afterburner ON because im using this app for OC and control fans but for me afterburner have minimal impact for tests.
6. U are ready to go. I hope i helped someone.

SUMMARY:
Do not install Gigabyte RGB software like RGB fusion and LCD panel and don't be stupid like me :D Remember to MANUALLY uninstall these programs.

At the end my PC SPECS:
-I5-11600k
-Rtx 3070 (Aorus Gigabyte)
-32gb ddr4 3200mhz
-SSD
Monitor:
LG UltraGear 27GP850 165Hz
Attachments
obraz_2023-02-21_183028034.png
obraz_2023-02-21_183028034.png (50.28 KiB) Viewed 4194 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: VSYNC Failure and stutter (FIXED!)

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Feb 2023, 17:00

Good optimizations!

Yes, it's unfortunately common for inefficient RGB software to add input lag and stutters.

That's why I am sorta excited about Microsoft adding native support for RGB in the operating system; hopefully this is much lower latency!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!