UFO Test VSYNC Failure.... But I think its a weirder case.

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
FloatyShark

Re: UFO Test VSYNC Failure.... But I think its a weirder case.

Post by FloatyShark » 05 Mar 2023, 08:39

okay..... so I changed the hdmi cord and now we are fine HAHA.... wow.... I'm so dumb

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Mar 2023, 05:30

FloatyShark wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 08:39
okay..... so I changed the hdmi cord and now we are fine HAHA.... wow.... I'm so dumb
Very interesting!

Port changes and port reboots can sometimes solve problems by fixing various graphics driver glitches. Did you change HDMI ports on either GPU end or display end? Or did it just happen to automatically switch which display is the primary display? If so, then it's not cable-related, but multimonitor-behavior related.

Also, multimonitor can cause problems with games and TestUFO stutter. Use TestUFO only on the primary display, and when gaming, game only in Full Screen Exclusive (never borderless or windowed on a multimonitor system) or single-monitor mode.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

FloatyShark

Post by FloatyShark » 10 Mar 2023, 17:30

All i did was change the hdmi cord to my second display which is my tv. my primary display uses a display cord. it did not do any weird switching of displays or anything. It was quite literally that the cord couldn't be plugged in all the way.