Errors no matter what I try

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
PuppetMaster000

Errors no matter what I try

Post by PuppetMaster000 » 20 May 2023, 22:41

I just got a new monitor, a 360Hz Asus PG27AQN. I also own a 240Hz Asus PG279QM and a 165Hz Asus PG279Q.
No matter what I do or try, the UFO test will show the message:
"SYNC FAILURE: Unable to VSYNC. Try closing all apps and browser tabs."
Or after a few moments, if I am lucky, it will switch to:
"PERFORMANCE WARNING: Potential browser stutter occured (1)" or
"STUTTER WARNING: Browser stutter detected (1+). Close other apps and tabs." and it will go up by several numbers.

- I have unplugged the other monitors to test individually each
- used Firefox, Chrome and Edge, closed everything in system tray
- uninstalled every control program I had, rgb or not (including Asus, NZXT, G.Skill, Razer, iCue, Lian Li, Base Camp)
- reinstalled GPU drivers from scratch
- resized window
- changed settings in Nvidia control panel, reset them back to default too
- tested both 360 and 240 Hz and 2 different monitors
- even unplugged USBs I thought may have something to do with it

This is just to name a few. I am running a 13900k and a 4090 so I do have the components to run this smoothly.
It will say ready a lot more often on the 165Hz but anything above it struggles to even show ready at all. Even when it does show ready though, I get the stutter warning every 3-5 seconds basically. Don't know what else to do. Here are the animation timings as well:

bumbeen

Re: Errors no matter what I try

Post by bumbeen » 21 May 2023, 13:52

wot do you have for drivers in autoruns64?

here's mine:

PuppetMaster000

Post by PuppetMaster000 » 22 May 2023, 20:02

Here are my drivers:

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 May 2023, 01:32

I noticed FireFox sometimes has more problems than Chrome in running TestUFO on 360Hz monitors.

Can you screenshot this graph using Edge or Chrome or Opera (any chromium-engined browser).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

PuppetMaster000

Post by PuppetMaster000 » 24 May 2023, 03:49

I had a picture of that too but forgot to properly crop it so I only put the FireFox image. The Chrome one doesn't seem any better though:

PuppetMaster000

Post by PuppetMaster000 » 24 May 2023, 03:54

I did one in Edge too just to show both. And to add clarification, this is the 360 Hz monitor, I just have it set to 240Hz as of right now because for some reason it can't push 360 with triple monitor setup.

PuppetMaster000

Post by PuppetMaster000 » 01 Jun 2023, 21:05

Still looking for help on this if anyone knows anything

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Jun 2023, 04:22

PuppetMaster000 wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 21:05
Still looking for help on this if anyone knows anything
Different-Hz multimonitor creates gigantic problems with latency/stutter for windowed and borderless windowed.

1. Test single-monitor mode. Is it smooth?

2. Next, try playing your games in fullscreen exclusive mode.
Never use windowed/borderless with multimonitor if you care about lag!

Microsoft Windows is a single-Hz compositor, which means activity on all monitors will jitter/stutter each other. If you use TestUFO, make sure you use it on the primary monitor, and make sure nothing is happening on the secondary monitors. But that can be hard to do if you're using the 2nd monitor for things like Discord or Twitch or other stuff.

If you use multimonitor in esports, make sure you're using fullscreen exclusive, and if you must display stuff on other monitors at the same time as a competitive game -- make sure you run software such as Project Lasso (or other CPU-limiters) on your secondary software to prevent the software from grabbing too much CPU time (e.g. limit Discord to 10% or less of CPU).

_____

FYI.... Have you considered replacing with fewer monitors?
I have many monitors here, but I have chosen to outfit my desk with a 45" Corsair Xeneon Flex 240Hz OLED. It's quite neat and a practical multimonitor substitute, having the surface area of approximately two esports monitors, while concurrently being clearer motion than 360Hz nonstrobed.

(The wallpaper is not always displayed, but it makes a good photoshoot background!)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!