Always getting stutter warning on multiple browsers

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
tootz

Always getting stutter warning on multiple browsers

Post by tootz » 28 Nov 2023, 21:37

Hi all,

I keep getting stuttering warning on the ufotest despite using different browsers, no extra tabs. What can I do to troubleshoot?

I've reinstalled my graphics drivers
Attachments
UFOtest.png
UFOtest.png (432.67 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
Frame Rendering Times.png
Frame Rendering Times.png (77.72 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
animation timing deviation.png
animation timing deviation.png (77.08 KiB) Viewed 2656 times

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Always getting stutter warning on multiple browsers

Post by RealNC » 29 Nov 2023, 09:21

tootz wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 21:37
Moved to correct forum section.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

mtrantalainen

Post by mtrantalainen » 15 Dec 2023, 10:55

tootz wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 21:37
I keep getting stuttering warning on the ufotest despite using different browsers, no extra tabs. What can I do to troubleshoot?
If I've understood that warning correctly, the code detected one stutter event (there's number one in parenthesis). I would guess this is typically caused by not having enough RAM in the system. Which OS and browser you're using and how much RAM does your system have?

Does the warning go away if you wait for long enough with the test running?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Dec 2023, 13:16

Once a second is usually CPU interference from background apps. Even running a Task Manager is a problem. Shutdown Task Manager itself after finding the other CPU hogs and terminating those. And then make sure nothing else is running except very quiet apps.

Web browsers have difficulty with perfect framepacing. This is not important for demo-only tests but important for scientific tests, so reboot both OS and browser, before scientific critical TestUFO tests like pursuit camera. At the absolute minimum, restart browser. More stutters will appear the longer the browser runs due to JavaScript automated “GC” events.

Make sure no system tray apps consuming CPU and run TestUFO as only app and only browser tab, don’t have Task Manager running while TestUFO is running, and quit all system tray apps.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!