SYNC FAILURE: Unable to VSYNC.

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
perilla12

SYNC FAILURE: Unable to VSYNC.

Post by perilla12 » 04 Feb 2024, 00:33

I am getting some problems with the test. I dont know what happend, i did it time ago and it worked good. Sometimes im getting the warning sync failure and sometimes im getting the performance error and my fps are not getting in to 240. It only happends to me when i using 240hz test. I have an rtx 4090 and ryzen 9 7950x3d so i dont know whats going on here...
Performance Error
Performance Error
Captura.PNG (434.93 KiB) Viewed 952 times
Sync Failure
Sync Failure
Captura1.PNG (445.8 KiB) Viewed 952 times

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: SYNC FAILURE: Unable to VSYNC.

Post by RealNC » 04 Feb 2024, 10:54

Reboot, close all applications that might be starting with Windows (Discord, Skype, Afterburner/RTSS, RGB lighting control software, etc.) Only leave one tab open in the browser.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: SYNC FAILURE: Unable to VSYNC.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Feb 2024, 16:26

perilla12 wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 00:33
I am getting some problems with the test. I dont know what happend, i did it time ago and it worked good. Sometimes im getting the warning sync failure and sometimes im getting the performance error and my fps are not getting in to 240. It only happends to me when i using 240hz test. I have an rtx 4090 and ryzen 9 7950x3d so i dont know whats going on here...
Can you provide a screenshot of https://www.testufo.com/animation-time-graph ?

Sometimes the pattern of that graph, helps me identify the culprit.

Try running single-monitor mode, since multiple different-Hz monitors will create major problems with TestUFO (and sometimes your games too!).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!