Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

UFO Test SYNC FAILURE

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the www.TestUFO.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!

UFO Test SYNC FAILURE

Postby boykale » 06 Jan 2019, 08:02

Hello. I have got a Viewsonic XG2530.
Whenever I try to do UFO Test, I always get sync failure. The frame rate goes around 235-239. However if I open a game in the background, the test syncs to 240.
If I set my monitor to 144hz, it syncs even if I don't open a game in the background. There is just some potential browser stutter.
I tried different browsers like opera etc. but none of them worked.

https://imgur.com/a/qHnF816

PC SPEC
GeForce RTX 2080 Duke 8G OC
Intel Core i7-9700K
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
Gskill 16 GB (2x8GB) SniperX DDR4 3200MHz CL16 1.35V
Samsung 500GB 970 EVO M.2 Sata NVMe SSD
Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 700W
boykale

Re: UFO Test SYNC FAILURE

Postby Chief Blur Buster » 06 Jan 2019, 21:10

Hmmm. That's interesting.

It's a web browser issue in this particular case.

Often the CPU/GPU automatically goes into power management mode, saving electricity power but making TestUFO too inaccurate to synchronize to 240Hz. The timer granularity during low-power mode may be accurate enough for 144Hz but not always for 240Hz. TestUFO uses less than 1% of a CPU nowadays, which actually some times interferes with its ability to stay smooth (ironically).

Fixing this may be a simple matter of setting CPU to 100%, unless it's a GPU power management behaviour.

I might have to make an optional option to make TestUFO more complex to increase more CPU/GPU to make it sync properly. (ironic!)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Return to Test UFO Motion Tests