UFO Test SYNC FAILURE

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the www.TestUFO.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
boykale

UFO Test SYNC FAILURE

Post by boykale » 06 Jan 2019, 08:02

Hello. I have got a Viewsonic XG2530.
Whenever I try to do UFO Test, I always get sync failure. The frame rate goes around 235-239. However if I open a game in the background, the test syncs to 240.
If I set my monitor to 144hz, it syncs even if I don't open a game in the background. There is just some potential browser stutter.
I tried different browsers like opera etc. but none of them worked.

https://imgur.com/a/qHnF816

PC SPEC
GeForce RTX 2080 Duke 8G OC
Intel Core i7-9700K
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
Gskill 16 GB (2x8GB) SniperX DDR4 3200MHz CL16 1.35V
Samsung 500GB 970 EVO M.2 Sata NVMe SSD
Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 700W

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: UFO Test SYNC FAILURE

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Jan 2019, 21:10

Hmmm. That's interesting.

It's a web browser issue in this particular case.

Often the CPU/GPU automatically goes into power management mode, saving electricity power but making TestUFO too inaccurate to synchronize to 240Hz. The timer granularity during low-power mode may be accurate enough for 144Hz but not always for 240Hz. TestUFO uses less than 1% of a CPU nowadays, which actually some times interferes with its ability to stay smooth (ironically).

Fixing this may be a simple matter of setting CPU to 100%, unless it's a GPU power management behaviour.

I might have to make an optional option to make TestUFO more complex to increase more CPU/GPU to make it sync properly. (ironic!)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors