Tearing or Stuttering seen when doing moving photo tests

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
Nondefeatist

Tearing or Stuttering seen when doing moving photo tests

Post by Nondefeatist » 08 May 2020, 17:29

Hi I am getting a weird tearing or stuttering near the center top of the screen when the screen is on full. I don't think I notice it in game but I am seeing it whenever I do this test. I have 27 GL850 monitor 1440p and I have experimented with having G sync on or off and V sync on or off but of no avail. I am wondering if this is a default of the monitor since this monitor is brand new. Any words on this would be much appreciated!

Disclaimer: Because the the vod file is too big I can't attach here, please see my vod on my reddit post. Ty.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comme ... g_the_ufo/

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Tearing or Stuttering seen when doing moving photo tests

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 May 2020, 14:45

You may have your NVIDIA Control Panel globally configured to VSYNC OFF for full screen windows.

To fix this, use VSYNC ON or G-SYNC for full screen.

This will fix TestUFO.

I prefer NVIDIA Control Panel configured as "Application Controlled", and enable VSYNC OFF in the games instead. This avoids these side effects.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!