Fullscreen "jittery"

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
Cdim

Fullscreen "jittery"

Post by Cdim » 27 May 2020, 18:57

I have an issue with motion test/ other browser games where when I enter fullscreen on the browser (F11) it is smooth until the warning that says "Press esc to exit full screen" goes away. Once this warning/notice leaves, the top of the full screen motion becomes jittery and is never smooth. Everything works fine outside of fullscreen and it works fine while the "Press esc to exit full screen" label is present.
I have tried disabling hardware acceleration in chrome, but framerates became worse and I would prefer to keep this option on because it helps during browser games.
Has anyone else had this issue at all?

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Fullscreen "jittery"

Post by RealNC » 28 May 2020, 09:00

TestUFO requires DWM (or Aero in Windows 7) to work correctly. It seems recent versions of Chrome and Firefox actually switch to independent fullscreen mode, which disables DWM. This is probably the cause of the stutter. TestUFO isn't mean to be used in actual fullscreen mode.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Fullscreen "jittery"

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 May 2020, 12:36

Make sure you configure NVIDIA Control Panel to use VSYNC ON for full screen.

Somehow, Chrome inherits the VSYNC OFF setting or other settings found there.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!