SYNC FAILURE: Unable to VSYNC

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
vladbara

Re: SYNC FAILURE: Unable to VSYNC

Post by vladbara » 11 Oct 2023, 13:14

yamaci1775 wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 13:20
I had a similar problem when I wanted to check if my monitor was frame skipping. Looked at that vsync animation test, always had periodic (with very short periods) stutters. Shut everything off, it was fixed. Then one by one, I deducted that it was caused by Afterburner. But what is funnier is that it is not caused by Afterburner directly, rather, it was caused by "power" sensor. When I disabled monitoring for GPU power sensor, periodic stutters are gone and now I can keep Afterburner open as well.

Just wanted to share my experience in case anyone else finds the topic through google like me. Most of the time it is RGB software but in my case it was specifically afterburner's power monitoring. For anyone who wonders its a gigabyte rtx 3070 on a clean W11 build
Thank you all, guys, who wrote here !!! Especially you, the one who mentioned Afterburner, I think I would have never figured it out ! :)

Ansive

Post by Ansive » 23 Dec 2023, 09:09

I just got a new mouse and noticed that the netflix windows app was skipping frames.
Then I checked TestUfo and I found the same problem, rate jumping from 110 to 120 fps.

I searched the internet and people mentioned RGB apps. So I uninstalled the Corsair Icue software and the problem was gone. (just closing the software didn't help)
Eventually I managed to narrow it down to "Corsair CpuIdService" in windows services panel.
After I disabled that service I was able to keep my mouse settings and not have stutters.

Shame on them.
Lucky for me people encountered this before.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Dec 2023, 22:15

Ansive wrote:
23 Dec 2023, 09:09
I just got a new mouse and noticed that the netflix windows app was skipping frames.
Then I checked TestUfo and I found the same problem, rate jumping from 110 to 120 fps.

I searched the internet and people mentioned RGB apps. So I uninstalled the Corsair Icue software and the problem was gone. (just closing the software didn't help)
Eventually I managed to narrow it down to "Corsair CpuIdService" in windows services panel.
After I disabled that service I was able to keep my mouse settings and not have stutters.

Shame on them.
Lucky for me people encountered this before.
Thanks for letting me know.

RGB software has been a latency problem for esports, so it's important to install efficient RGB software to control your RGB lighting. I sometimes leave my Razer RGB software (more efficient than Corsair RGB) running and it seems to be doing okay, but I turn it off during the critical moments.

If you want to keep using RGB, try third party open source generic RGB software, as possibly the Windows 11 Dynamic Lighting Control. Unless it has to tie into the Corsair service executable that was creating problems...
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!