XL2411P - Is my Display Faulty? [Answer: No]

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
LiniArc

XL2411P - Is my Display Faulty? [Answer: No]

Post by LiniArc » 06 Jan 2021, 10:04

Hello Everyone,

I hope y'all are doing fine in 2021. The reason that I write this post is that I bought a new monitor XL2411P from BenQ, 144Hz and 1ms. I tested the monitor on this website for any visible ghosting or artifacts. Right out of the box I notice a horizontal line separating the UFO in half. Top portion travelling a bit ahead. It starts to do that after some time, initially being stable. Same happens with the Moving Image Test. This happens in Chrome. I even reduced Chrome zoom from 150% to 100%.

The results I get in firefox, are normal though. And same when I play Rainbow Six Siege (everything is normal). But I want to make sure if the monitor is faulty. Because right now it could be replaced. I dont want to risk it in the future.

Please help me identify if the monitor is defective or I am doing some mistake.

Thanks
LiniArc

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: XL2411P - Is my Display Faulty? [Answer: No]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Jan 2021, 02:56

If it is not happening in FireFox, this is just a browser glitch. I would not worry about it.

Be noted that TestUFO can be affected by browser issues. Especially if you've configured VSYNC OFF globally in NVIDIA Control Panel, then TestUFO can get tearing artifacts in certain browsers in full screen mode.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!