TestUFO MPRT Test [390 Hz Overclock]

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
lyrill

Post by lyrill » 09 Feb 2021, 05:58

[Moderator edit: Adding specific test discussed: www.testufo.com/mprt]
the lowest number I can get something similar to what you would call a perfect checkboard (I'm assuming same pixels X-Y or at least no overstepping boundaries from either the white or black blocks--because your sample pic has a bit of that too it seems..didn't check pixel to pixel) on the MRTP test was something 2 digit, but I can see vertical seperations instead of your sample picture being somewhat horizontally pixelated. This was already like 0.3ms. Monitor is advertized as 0.5ms lowest, I'm not sure from HZ OC to 390hz alone (and it had freesync enabled by default) or also/only(that is from 360hz, or lower too?) requiring opening up VRB, or actually it just meant Over Drive, which my old ROG 144-180hz also had obviously. That one had very visible UFO ghost and reverse ghosting on the different OD levels. But this one doesn't.

I tried a game that seemed to not hold 200fps on 144hz, was super choppy/ppt, might have also to do with my eyes adjusting to first time using IPS (with vesa hdr400 capability). The VRB will set its own brightness, however even EXTREME is a lot brighter than what I'm used to, but at least it doesn't change the color tone, this goes down to 50% blue light, where as the ROG PG 180hz went 4 levels of blue filters that at most equaled to maybe 70% here. This has 10 stages of black boost too which defaulted at 5 I think. Gamma went down to as much as 2.6, as in less bleached. median is again 2.2, I had been running 2.2 for the past year or so for daylight, which is a bit lacking but 2.0 was too bleak. I decided to max vibrance for this being ips so 2.6 gamma 10/10 bb. Blue filters locked brighness, not on this. I set it to 8/100 same as contrast, my old one.

I decided to just lock to 390hz and skip the hassle of changing for different games that have different fps locks or varies to different degrees per scenes. no freesync premium. Maybe I'll disable VRB at night....Already tried QC, FH, HOTS, BR. no problemo so far same as 8khz viper was(QC being QC dead asia servers most of the time>I don't play it at asia prime hrs much>140ping average worldwide>stutters might be server related+ don't have time to cross reference all maps since people don't like to vote newer maps). On 8khz viper I tried almost all my routines except PUBG and only played one short WT game. Was already dialing down graphics for the occasion, surprised to see being able to reach 200fps+ even with a lowly and then weeks fresh backstabbed 2070s, even going max textures, on bfv and sandstorm.

oh and I was rank banned (noobs don't know how to play with TB/SF, play the gang bully blame spam abuse broken report system game, nothing new since 2012) till something very early 2021 last summer in dota 2. Those usually expire after a major patch but I have not bothered to check, Maybe I will, since it had Wuhan servers since like 14/15, the only major title I get sub 5ms on. Does dota 2 still lock fps to like 240 or something? Definitely have not even installed it on this new rig from August.
Last edited by lyrill on 09 Feb 2021, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 10 Feb 2021, 01:38

Chief may I ask what is the estimated/approximate number needed for that test? MPRT. checkboard size 16, thickness 6. it would be nice if this can be screenshotted, or should I take a phone pic?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Feb 2021, 12:01

lyrill wrote:
10 Feb 2021, 01:38
Chief may I ask what is the estimated/approximate number needed for that test? MPRT. checkboard size 16, thickness 6. it would be nice if this can be screenshotted, or should I take a phone pic?
Smaller checkerboard the higher the refresh rate is easier. Further MPRT Test questions will be moved to a new thread, as not related to the Razer mouse. It cannot be screenshotted, you must do a pursuit camera - wave your smartphone sideways while taking pic. Also MPRT test will be replaced with an easier test this year.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 10 Feb 2021, 23:44

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
10 Feb 2021, 12:01
lyrill wrote:
10 Feb 2021, 01:38
Smaller checkerboard the higher the refresh rate is easier. Further MPRT Test questions will be moved to a new thread, as not related to the Razer mouse. It cannot be screenshotted, you must do a pursuit camera - wave your smartphone sideways while taking pic. Also MPRT test will be replaced with an easier test this year.
I bought the 390hz (already world's first I think to posted about this on social , will be world's first too to post vid when I find time and when done basic circle of testings for some initial conclusions) for the viper 8khz so, just wanted to know approximate "correct" range I should be testing around this number but do let it switch to another thread linked if you feel it's right. I would browse through other parts of Blur Busters site when I could find time. Lifting the moderation delay would also help reduce confusion for others I think. Thanks!
Attachments
QQ浏览器截图20210211124237.png
QQ浏览器截图20210211124237.png (31.21 KiB) Viewed 7908 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: TestUFO MPRT Test [390 Hz Overclock]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Feb 2021, 05:50

That's incorrect operation of this test.

You should never have pixel per frame bigger than square size.

Also, don't confused strobed MPRT with nonstrobed MPRT.

Non-strobed MPRT of 390Hz can never be less than 1/390sec.

But, this test is hard to use (it was created for <144Hz in 2014) and needs to be rewritten for ease of use.

The correct result should look exactly like www.testufo.com/eyetracking#pattern=checkerboard

If scrolling too fast, reduce square size to about 4 or 5 or 6 pixels, and line thickness to 1.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Styles474

Post by Styles474 » 08 Mar 2021, 07:30

My monitor is msi Optix MAG322CQR which is 1ms MPRT but in the ms test u have is showing me that it is actually 5.6ms, have I done something wrong here?

Thank you.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Mar 2021, 16:22

Styles474 wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 07:30
My monitor is msi Optix MAG322CQR which is 1ms MPRT but in the ms test u have is showing me that it is actually 5.6ms, have I done something wrong here?
1ms MPRT is only possible in strobed mode. Also measuring black-white and white-black then averaging the two MRPTs will produce a more accurate MPRT matching your refresh rate.

Also, this very old MPRT Test is not designed for strobed modes.