Test UFO constant stuttering

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
hsEnter

Test UFO constant stuttering

Post by hsEnter » 02 Aug 2021, 08:14

Any help would be appreciated !

Currently using Brave browser which is based on chrome, cpu running with a fixed clock and gpu power management is on maximum performance
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (79.66 KiB) Viewed 8292 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Test UFO constant stuttering

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Aug 2021, 16:02

Do you have background RGB software running? Quit them. Some are great (near zero resources) while others are CPU hogs.

Try rebooting Windows while holding SHIFT as Windows starts up, to prevent background system tray apps. See if that improves things.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

hsEnter

Post by hsEnter » 03 Aug 2021, 06:04

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 16:02
Do you have background RGB software running? Quit them. Some are great (near zero resources) while others are CPU hogs.

Try rebooting Windows while holding SHIFT as Windows starts up, to prevent background system tray apps. See if that improves things.
My system is optimized, i don't have any bloatware installed and nothing was running in the background. When sitting on the desktop with nothing openened my cpu usage is at 0-1%.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Aug 2021, 14:00

The cyclic pattern in this indicates background processing -- either browser-based or system-tray based (extensions, scanner, malware, etc). I've even had someone tell me that Malwarebytes was doing it, and another person told me they fixed it by turning off RGB software.

Try a different browser -- if the same regular periodic cyclics show in FireFox *and* Chrome, then it's background processing. This TestUFO browser test is incredibly sensitive to it as browsers are very stutter-sensitive.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!