Windows scaling every game that I play

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Milan

Windows scaling every game that I play

Post by Milan » 25 May 2024, 05:47

Hello,

I have a problem where the games keep scaling for some reason and I don't understand why. The resolution of the monitor and the resolution in the games are the same. So in theory it shouldn't be scaling, right? But every time I change adjust desktop size and position in NVCP the games are feels much different, so I think it's scaling. For example: if I'm use gpu scaling games are slower but if I'm use display scaling games feels faster. I can't write it more accurate, just feels like something is not okay. The reason I asked it because I have a couple of ideas what can cause it:

-High-dpi override (I have a dell g2723H 27" 1920x1080) I know its not a high dpi monitor, but I got this idea from nvidia support.

-Disable fullscreen optimization

-Windows size is on default 100%. But once I tried custom size 100% and then games were again feels different.

-Windows game mode

I know I have to try it myself and I will know, but I don't know how games should look if they don't scale and there's too many option that I have to try. Does anyone have any another idea what could be causing this? Most of the time I play rocket league, so that's why I can see it if the game is weird.

Thank you!