Problem with BENQ XL2430T

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
opus808

Problem with BENQ XL2430T

Post by opus808 » 18 Feb 2016, 13:30

Hello,

i have buy some weeks ago the BenQ XL 2430T. So far so good. But i don't know if it's a problem or maybe only in my head because my other Monitor is a EIZO FS2333.

When i power on my BenQ the Picture is Bright...washed Colors...and so on. After 0,5 - 1 Hour the Monitor is darker and the Color is better. But the real Problem is that The Picture in the upper Side is darker then the lower side. It's like a color gradient from up dark to down bright.

I shot a Picture with my DSLR. The Color is solid in Photoshop.

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160218/kexerkv9.jpg

I have changed the first BenQ. It was with Firmware Version V4 and now i have a older one with Firmware V1 :|
But it is the same Problem...not so terribel like the first one but wtf is this? Can some one check this???

Maybe switch to the XL2411Z??? i dont know.....

Thats the worst Monitor i ever had.....my old Samsung with TN Panel is better then this one..... :cry:

The Monitor Settings

Picture Mode: Standard
Brightness: 32
Contrast: 50
Gamma: 3
Color Temp: 99 / 100 / 99
Vibrance: 10
Blur Reduction: Off

Thx

Greetings
*Sorry for bad English.....

aeliusg

Re: Problem with BENQ XL2430T

Post by aeliusg » 18 Feb 2016, 13:39

opus808 wrote:Hello,

i have buy some weeks ago the BenQ XL 2430T. So far so good. But i don't know if it's a problem or maybe only in my head because my other Monitor is a EIZO FS2333.

When i power on my BenQ the Picture is Bright...washed Colors...and so on. After 0,5 - 1 Hour the Monitor is darker and the Color is better. But the real Problem is that The Picture in the upper Side is darker then the lower side. It's like a color gradient from up dark to down bright.

I shot a Picture with my DSLR. The Color is solid in Photoshop.

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160218/kexerkv9.jpg

I have changed the first BenQ. It was with Firmware Version V4 and now i have a older one with Firmware V1 :|
But it is the same Problem...not so terribel like the first one but wtf is this? Can some one check this???

Maybe switch to the XL2411Z??? i dont know.....

Thats the worst Monitor i ever had.....my old Samsung with TN Panel is better then this one..... :cry:

The Monitor Settings

Picture Mode: Standard
Brightness: 32
Contrast: 50
Gamma: 3
Color Temp: 99 / 100 / 99
Vibrance: 10
Blur Reduction: Off

Thx

Greetings
*Sorry for bad English.....
Depending on your viewing angle, this is how it is. What do you see if you put your eyes at the top edge of the monitor? See here: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/viewing_angle.php

opus808

Post by opus808 » 18 Feb 2016, 13:47

no its not only the viewing angle i think. The gradient is also present when i change the Viewing angle. When i put my eyes at the top i see the Font better and darker....when i put it in the middle i see the Font at the top brighter...so thats ok for TN.....but the gradient is still there.....

When i put my eyes at the top the gradient is more brighter at the lower part....

aeliusg

Post by aeliusg » 18 Feb 2016, 13:54

opus808 wrote:no its not only the viewing angle i think. The gradient is also present when i change the Viewing angle. When i put my eyes at the top i see the Font better and darker....when i put it in the middle i see the Font at the top brighter...so thats ok for TN.....but the gradient is still there.....

When i put my eyes at the top the gradient is more brighter at the lower part....
What about the images in the link?

opus808

Post by opus808 » 18 Feb 2016, 14:39

So i have test and shot another Picture with DSLR with a viewing angle of maybe 45° The Color is more solid. But 45°?? :shock:

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160218/8axun4ri.jpg

The First Picture was frontal.

And what is this at power on? It's realy wicked....like a cold Motor....after a couple of time its driving better? :?

aeliusg

Post by aeliusg » 18 Feb 2016, 14:46

opus808 wrote:So i have test and shot another Picture with DSLR with a viewing angle of maybe 45° The Color is more solid. But 45°?? :shock:

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160218/8axun4ri.jpg

The First Picture was frontal.

And what is this at power on? It's realy wicked....like a cold Motor....after a couple of time its driving better? :?
Can't tell you much without seeing it in person, but from what you're describing it's very likely TN shift, especially if you're photographing that close to the screen. Warm-up time may be because you live in a cold region, I'm not sure.

This is what you have to deal with with TN panels. Maybe your older Samsung was smaller so it was less noticeable at any given viewing distance, but TN shift will give you darker to lighter colors from top to bottom relative to what "strip" of the screen is perpendicular to your eyes. Place the monitor further away and align your eyes to the top of the screen to minimize perceptibility of this effect but know that colors will never be "accurate" across the whole of the display at a finite viewing distance.

Edit: Note that doing what I said above will mean that colors are "light" overall, but the shift is less noticeable since the "dark" angles have been moved off the screen.

opus808

Post by opus808 » 21 Feb 2016, 06:47

Hello,

ok with this TN Panel Thing maybe i can handle this. my older Samdung have 20". But with this warm up thing...i dont know...very strange.
I live in Germany and i have normal 22°C in my Room and not -50°C.

But I complain this monitor again. Because in the Service Menu i see that the Monitor have 9372 Hours and Firmware V1 :o So this is 390 Days/24h
And with this no way..... :evil:

so i wait for the next one. This is the last chance for the online Shop. When i receive a pile of junk again...then i wait and buy an IPS 144Hz later. Now they are to expensive for me :cry:

aeliusg

Post by aeliusg » 21 Feb 2016, 10:55

opus808 wrote:Hello,

ok with this TN Panel Thing maybe i can handle this. my older Samdung have 20". But with this warm up thing...i dont know...very strange.
I live in Germany and i have normal 22°C in my Room and not -50°C.

But I complain this monitor again. Because in the Service Menu i see that the Monitor have 9372 Hours and Firmware V1 :o So this is 390 Days/24h
And with this no way..... :evil:

so i wait for the next one. This is the last chance for the online Shop. When i receive a pile of junk again...then i wait and buy an IPS 144Hz later. Now they are to expensive for me :cry:
Maybe they sent you a refurbished monitor? Viel Glück!

opus808

Post by opus808 » 29 Feb 2016, 13:41

Yes i think so. Now i have the Third one....and its ok now. 0 Hours with V4