Newly calibrated CPD-G520 lag in WoW, not in CSGO

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Runar

Newly calibrated CPD-G520 lag in WoW, not in CSGO

Post by Runar » 19 Sep 2018, 11:10

I'm using DVI-A to VGA adapter. Can only get the monitor to 85 Hz in Nvidia CP.

Csgo is flowing nice, no stutter but only 85 Hz even on 800x600.

If I start up WoW (vanilla) it's stutter lagging a lot, but only when I don't move the cam around. As long as I keep the cam moving in any direction at any speed, there is no lag.

Also I feel the colors are nice but the picture is too dark. As it's newly calibrated I don't want to go and fuck up some settings too badly.

The lag is definitely coming from the PC. As I disconnected my CRT and plugged the LCD back in and started WoW, the exact same laf was there, and the resolution settings in WoW were fucked. I deleted the registry keys for all monitor settings, and this solved the issue. Haven't plugged the crt back in since, it completely fucked up my pc.

Paid 100e.

Sparky

Re: Newly calibrated CPD-G520 lag in WoW, not in CSGO

Post by Sparky » 19 Sep 2018, 11:54

Csgo is flowing nice, no stutter but only 85 Hz even on 800x600.
Well, that would be because 85hz is the highest refresh that monitor supports, at least without a custom resolution.
The lag is definitely coming from the PC. As I disconnected my CRT and plugged the LCD back in and started WoW, the exact same laf was there, and the resolution settings in WoW were fucked. I deleted the registry keys for all monitor settings, and this solved the issue. Haven't plugged the crt back in since, it completely fucked up my pc.
Well, obviously resolution will change when you change monitors, but I don't see how that alone counts as completely fucking up your pc.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 19 Sep 2018, 13:39

The specs are here, on page 2:

https://docs.sony.com/release//specs/cpdg520_sp.pdf

Goes up to 170Hz. However, you need to stay below 130kHz horizontal frequency. Use CRU to add new resolution with new refresh rates. But remember: Hz must not exceed 170Hz, and kHz must not exceed 130kHz, or you might damage the monitor. Use the "CRT standard" timings in CRU. Then export your custom EDID to a file, so that you can easily restore it after driver updates.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Runar

Post by Runar » 20 Sep 2018, 07:37

RealNC wrote:The specs are here, on page 2:

https://docs.sony.com/release//specs/cpdg520_sp.pdf

Goes up to 170Hz. However, you need to stay below 130kHz horizontal frequency. Use CRU to add new resolution with new refresh rates. But remember: Hz must not exceed 170Hz, and kHz must not exceed 130kHz, or you might damage the monitor. Use the "CRT standard" timings in CRU. Then export your custom EDID to a file, so that you can easily restore it after driver updates.
Perfect, I will try this. Thank you :)