240Hz Frameskipping Thread -- And Bugfixed Monitors

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
verbindungsfehler

Re: 240Hz Frameskipping Thread (UPDATE: fixed except XF270HA

Post by verbindungsfehler » 26 Sep 2018, 13:11

So, I got this Acer today and did the frameskipping test, but either I don't know what I am missing or they fixed it.

uploaded a video here: https://streamable.com/dky0i

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 26 Sep 2018, 13:48

No skips on that video. Looks fine.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

verbindungsfehler

Post by verbindungsfehler » 03 Oct 2018, 06:45

So theoretically it isn't frameskipping anymore. The first post still says so.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Oct 2018, 10:07

Looks like no frameskipping! So Acer has finally fixed this problem, I'd bet.
Your video is continuous exposure (no shutter between frames) so is valid.

To other readers: It is best to use photographs rather than video for the frameskipping test, since videos may use a shorter shutter (e.g. 1/200sec) which will produce false positives on frameskipping. (At least false negatives on frameskipping are not possible with this test pattern; so you're golden). So photographs instead of video
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ShrewLlama

Post by ShrewLlama » 04 Oct 2018, 07:53

I've got a ViewSonic XG2530 bought this March - unfortunately despite this, it must've been old stock as it has the frameskipping issue.

Using the modified timings in the OP fixes the issue, but every time the monitor turns off (i.e. the computer falls asleep, or the screen times out and goes black), the frameskipping returns until the PC is restarted.

I have a GTX 980 Ti and the latest Nvidia drivers installed. Any ideas?

MrFriendism

Post by MrFriendism » 11 Oct 2018, 14:24

Hey Chief, I would like to know if Benq XL2546 has any sort of Frame-Skipping?

Thanks.

EzequielStan

Post by EzequielStan » 20 Oct 2018, 00:19

Hello friends, I'm from Argentina, excuse me if I express myself badly in English: 'c

I want to let you know that I just bought the Acer XF270HA monitor, it has no frame skipping signs, I have taken several pictures and in none shows frame skipping problems. the monitor is dated October 2017
It is clear that I also had the opportunity to test two acer xf250q and had no frame skipping problem. so I think that only some have failed like in the case of 'A Solid lad'
Whatever you want to ask me, I am available to you. if you can recommend a page so I can upload the tests. Thank you!

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 21 Oct 2018, 05:14

EzequielStan wrote:Hello friends, I'm from Argentina, excuse me if I express myself badly in English: 'c

I want to let you know that I just bought the Acer XF270HA monitor, it has no frame skipping signs, I have taken several pictures and in none shows frame skipping problems. the monitor is dated October 2017
It is clear that I also had the opportunity to test two acer xf250q and had no frame skipping problem. so I think that only some have failed like in the case of 'A Solid lad'
Whatever you want to ask me, I am available to you. if you can recommend a page so I can upload the tests. Thank you!
Thanks for the update!
Your english is fine.
Imgur would be a good place to upload the photos of the frameskipping test, if you're willing to!
How do you know the monitor is from 2017 oct?
Is the service menu accessible on acers as well?
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

EzequielStan

Post by EzequielStan » 22 Oct 2018, 18:29

A Solid lad wrote:
EzequielStan wrote:Hello friends, I'm from Argentina, excuse me if I express myself badly in English: 'c

Thanks for the update!
Your english is fine.
Imgur would be a good place to upload the photos of the frameskipping test, if you're willing to!
How do you know the monitor is from 2017 oct?
Is the service menu accessible on acers as well?
here are the tests I did, I also did a test with video at 960 fps (which I have not uploaded) and the result was that there is no frameskipping, in the photos I leave the labels where the date of creation of the monitor and serial number .
I hope it helps

images / tests https://imgur.com/a/RYIVjeK

I bought the monitor in amazon uk, I cost 250gb, I think it's a good price

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 23 Oct 2018, 00:35

Thanks for all the [s]fish[/s] infos!
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.