Dell Alienware AW2518HF Blurry resolution.

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
dreamscape89

Dell Alienware AW2518HF Blurry resolution.

Post by dreamscape89 » 17 Dec 2018, 21:29

Hello,

I have recently purchased a AW2518HF.

And there is something wrong with it's resolution(?).

like I'm running a different lower resolution than the native 1920x1080 and it's zoomed in.

I feel like I can almost count the pixels.

I don't really know how to explain it. It's like in a video game, a lower resolution than the native but with antializing ON, that's how even my desktop feels.

Fonts in application or games look thinned out and overall just feels zoomed it.

I come from a 2k resolution 144 hz monitor so maybe that plays into effect. But at work I do spend 8 hours a day on a 1080p monitor and when I get home to my newly Dell, I feel like punching it.

I cannot tell if something is wrong with it, maybe I am doing something wrong? I have tried all kind of fixes found around the web, tried changing from DP to HDMI...i've ran out of ideas and looking to return it and have my money back.

Maybe I got a broken one, maybe it's just how bad this monitor ... I don't know but before sending it back wanted to make sure nothing is on my end, you guys are kinda like my last resort.

Any suggestions are more than welcome. Thank you.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Dell Alienware AW2518HF Blurry resolution.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Dec 2018, 22:52

Did you configure Windows DPI? Sometimes Windows likes to zoom 150%

Start -> Type "Make Everything Bigger" -> You can make things smaller by change DPI to 100%

Things will be back to normal, provided you're already at correct 1920x1080 resolution.

Thanks!
Mark Rejhon
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Dell Alienware AW2518HF Blurry resolution.

Post by RealNC » 18 Dec 2018, 11:31

Also, please take a screenshot of your desktop and post it here.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.