Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

Found the best gaming monitor by accident

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!

Re: Found the best gaming monitor by accident

Postby BlurBoss » 05 Oct 2019, 07:21

Tenobaal wrote:I've got the XN253QX with 240Hz and 237FPS in Siege is not a problem (I play with downsampling WQHD). Although I prefer 144Hz+ULMB@70. Maybe the difference is minor but why take 144Hz when 240Hz is available? It only makes sense if you can't afford the XN253QX.

I agree, I would take 240 Hz when it's available over 144 Hz any day (only with ULMB though), but in Siege 240 FPS is simply not available. https://imgur.com/a/43pdLBS take a look at the FPS metrics at the top left corner.
Read this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4914
jombotski wrote:Really informative post.I recently got the aorus ad27qd because and it was my first IPS monitor,i was always on crt monitors then moved on to tn panels,so i thought the ips is gonna mind blow me,but it was nothing special.Actually the motion blur is horrible.So i was searching for low motion blur and found this thread.Because for me the motion blur makes the games unplayble.So do you think its worth it to sell my aorus(i mean i cant return it because i had it for a couple of months already) and buy this acer ? In your personal experience with so much monitors, is it big difference to go from 1440p to 1080p ? Me personaly this was my first 1440p monitor so i dont know how i am gonna feel again if i go to 1080p.

I've ordered Lenovo Legion Y27gq-25. Will tell you my impressions.
BenQ XL2546, i9-9900K @ 5.0 GHz, RTX 2080 Ti, 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3200 MHz CL14 RAM, Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac.
BlurBoss
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 17 Dec 2018, 13:52

Re: Found the best gaming monitor by accident

Postby jombotski » 07 Oct 2019, 08:34

BlurBoss wrote:I actually had Aorus AD27QD for a week and wouldn't even pick it over BenQ XL2456. It does provide much better picture than BenQ XL2456, and a little bit better picture than Acer XN253Q P, but it was very slow in Rainbow Six Siege and Apex Legends and it's ULMB is very dark. 1440p did give a little bit of detail and I could move 27" monitor a little further away (and lean forward for more details, leaning forward on 1080p doesn't give more details). I personally would only play RPGs or Strategies on Aorus AD27QD, but I haven't played them in 10 years. If you could return a monitor for any reason, I'd recommend purchasing another one and comparing them side by side.

Yes the Aim Stabilizer makes the things little better,but its really dark,i mean sometimes i use it with black equalizer to make things brighter.Also i mainly play Heroes of the storm (league of legends only with friend) and cs:go,paladins. To be honest before this monitor i had Acer KG251QFbmidpx but i was running it with slower pc so i cant really tell which is better now. But i definetly noticed with this monitor that something is off,with my new pc i have high fps but games dont feel smooth and its driving me crazy. I remember the constanst shifts in colour when i change my position in my chair when i had my tn panel which too was annoying.Btw have you tried the ASUS VG27BQ ?
jombotski
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 03 Oct 2019, 18:45

Re: Found the best gaming monitor by accident

Postby Tenobaal » 10 Oct 2019, 12:19

BlurBoss wrote:
Tenobaal wrote:I've got the XN253QX with 240Hz and 237FPS in Siege is not a problem (I play with downsampling WQHD). Although I prefer 144Hz+ULMB@70. Maybe the difference is minor but why take 144Hz when 240Hz is available? It only makes sense if you can't afford the XN253QX.

I agree, I would take 240 Hz when it's available over 144 Hz any day (only with ULMB though), but in Siege 240 FPS is simply not available. https://imgur.com/a/43pdLBS take a look at the FPS metrics at the top left corner.
Read this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4914

Everything to low except for shadows and LOD quality should boost your fps significantly. Those spikes below 240FPS are microstutters (you can see them if you enable fps graph in MSI Afterburner) because the engine is garbage. On my rig, which has Ryzen 3700x+RTX2080 and R6 Siege hates Ryzen, there are stutters/drops under 100FPS... I can't recognize them while playing (maybe a progamer can) but 99,9% of the game I will take advantage of 240Hz.
Tenobaal
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Sep 2019, 06:50

Re: Found the best gaming monitor by accident

Postby BlurBoss » 10 Oct 2019, 12:37

Tenobaal wrote:
BlurBoss wrote:
Tenobaal wrote:I've got the XN253QX with 240Hz and 237FPS in Siege is not a problem (I play with downsampling WQHD). Although I prefer 144Hz+ULMB@70. Maybe the difference is minor but why take 144Hz when 240Hz is available? It only makes sense if you can't afford the XN253QX.

I agree, I would take 240 Hz when it's available over 144 Hz any day (only with ULMB though), but in Siege 240 FPS is simply not available. https://imgur.com/a/43pdLBS take a look at the FPS metrics at the top left corner.
Read this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4914

Everything to low except for shadows and LOD quality should boost your fps significantly. Those spikes below 240FPS are microstutters (you can see them if you enable fps graph in MSI Afterburner) because the engine is garbage. On my rig, which has Ryzen 3700x+RTX2080 and R6 Siege hates Ryzen, there are stutters/drops under 100FPS... I can't recognize them while playing (maybe a progamer can) but 99,9% of the game I will take advantage of 240Hz.

From my screenshots you can see that frametime graph is enabled. At 68% GPU load there is no point in reducing details. I wasn't sensitive to the stutters, but became very sensitive to them after a year with BenQ XL2456 @ 240 Hz + DyAc. Do you play with G-Sync? If yes, than you're not playing at 240 Hz, more like 180-240 Hz.
BenQ XL2546, i9-9900K @ 5.0 GHz, RTX 2080 Ti, 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3200 MHz CL14 RAM, Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac.
BlurBoss
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 17 Dec 2018, 13:52

Re: Found the best gaming monitor by accident

Postby Tenobaal » 11 Oct 2019, 09:02

BlurBoss wrote:From my screenshots you can see that frametime graph is enabled. At 68% GPU load there is no point in reducing details. I wasn't sensitive to the stutters, but became very sensitive to them after a year with BenQ XL2456 @ 240 Hz + DyAc. Do you play with G-Sync? If yes, than you're not playing at 240 Hz, more like 180-240 Hz.

You made me curious about my FPS numbers. Turns out some update switched TAA Antialiasing to enabled and game was rendered half resolution. Switched off it will indeed run 180-270 FPS range. I play 144Hz@ULMB in this game with max. Dark Boost active... looks like garbage but I can recognize enemies way faster.
Tenobaal
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Sep 2019, 06:50

Re: Found the best gaming monitor by accident

Postby BlurBoss » 11 Oct 2019, 09:33

Tenobaal wrote:
BlurBoss wrote:From my screenshots you can see that frametime graph is enabled. At 68% GPU load there is no point in reducing details. I wasn't sensitive to the stutters, but became very sensitive to them after a year with BenQ XL2456 @ 240 Hz + DyAc. Do you play with G-Sync? If yes, than you're not playing at 240 Hz, more like 180-240 Hz.

You made me curious about my FPS numbers. Turns out some update switched TAA Antialiasing to enabled and game was rendered half resolution. Switched off it will indeed run 180-270 FPS range. I play 144Hz@ULMB in this game with max. Dark Boost active... looks like garbage but I can recognize enemies way faster.

I've never heard of that. Can you link the article?
You previous messages made me believe that you play at 240 Hz. Can XN253QX do ULMB at 144 Hz and 240 Hz? XN253QP can only do it at 120 Hz.
BenQ XL2546, i9-9900K @ 5.0 GHz, RTX 2080 Ti, 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3200 MHz CL14 RAM, Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac.
BlurBoss
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 17 Dec 2018, 13:52

Re: Found the best gaming monitor by accident

Postby Tenobaal » 11 Oct 2019, 11:37

BlurBoss wrote:I've never heard of that. Can you link the article?
You previous messages made me believe that you play at 240 Hz. Can XN253QX do ULMB at 144 Hz and 240 Hz? XN253QP can only do it at 120 Hz.

You can do ULMB @144Hz which is standard for 240Hz panels with G-Sync. Even older TFT like Asus PG258Q can do that. I prefer ULMB over G-Sync if playing "competitively" because it creates a clearer image. I use G-Sync only for singleplayer games.
Tenobaal
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Sep 2019, 06:50

Re: Found the best gaming monitor by accident

Postby Legacy » 11 Oct 2019, 16:54

soo it seem you've tested the ASUS PG258Q too, did you test its ULMB mode ? (since you seem to play mostly with this enabled, can be up to 144hz on the asus), what could you say regarding the asus pg258q vs this new Predator XN253QP ? especially motion blur and ghosting
Legacy
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Oct 2019, 04:11

Re: Found the best gaming monitor by accident

Postby Tenobaal » 13 Oct 2019, 07:30

No, everything I know about PG258Q is from reviews and forum post. I would suggest it has slightly more ghosting based on my readings.
Tenobaal
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Sep 2019, 06:50

Re: Found the best gaming monitor by accident

Postby BlurBoss » 14 Oct 2019, 16:48

jombotski, so I've spent 5 days with Lenovo Y27gq-25 and 1440p on it is amazing! I'm going to miss it but will stick with XN253QP anyway, for better motion clarity as 120 Hz + ULMB on it is gives less blur than Lenovo Y27gq-25 at 240 Hz.
Tenobaal, can you give me a link about that update that switched TAA Antialiasing to enabled in Rainbow Six Siege?
BenQ XL2546, i9-9900K @ 5.0 GHz, RTX 2080 Ti, 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3200 MHz CL14 RAM, Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac.
BlurBoss
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 17 Dec 2018, 13:52

PreviousNext

Return to General — Displays, Graphics & More

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MatrixQW and 14 guests