Asus VG279QM

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
zia
Posts: 6
Joined: 11 May 2021, 00:46

Re: Asus VG279QM

Post by zia » 11 May 2021, 23:55

does this moniter work with ps5?

Zia

User avatar
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin
Posts: 9158
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44
Location: Toronto / Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Asus VG279QM

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 May 2021, 03:35

AFAIK, yep

Be warned about potential console lag of certain 240Hz+ panels not optimized for low 60Hz lag or low 120Hz lag.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

elexor
Posts: 102
Joined: 07 Jan 2020, 04:53

Re: Asus VG279QM

Post by elexor » 12 May 2021, 04:06

yeah the VG27QM won't be good for ps5. it has internal scan conversion going on for 60hz sources. meaning lots of input lag. this monitor is more for pc's that are capable of outputting at a true 280hz.

zia
Posts: 6
Joined: 11 May 2021, 00:46

Re: Asus VG279QM

Post by zia » 12 May 2021, 15:28

thats a shame,was hoping input would be within acceptable limits...

User avatar
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin
Posts: 9158
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44
Location: Toronto / Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Asus VG279QM

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 May 2021, 21:55

elexor wrote:
12 May 2021, 04:06
yeah the VG27QM won't be good for ps5. it has internal scan conversion going on for 60hz sources. meaning lots of input lag. this monitor is more for pc's that are capable of outputting at a true 280hz.
zia wrote:
12 May 2021, 15:28
thats a shame,was hoping input would be within acceptable limits...
This is true, though a lot less laggy than most HDTVs.

This is important, however, if you play competitive on a console, but may be less important if you're just using a monitor as a "small TV" for offline gaming. Still feels better than an average Samsung/LG/Sony HDTV.

Now...if you want the most zero latency possible console gaming on a 240Hz panel, you might wish to hold off. If you're wanting the lowest latency at multiple different configured refresh rates for 60Hz / 120Hz / 240Hz gaming.*

(60 fps isn't the lag problem for 240Hz panels as long as it stays 240 Hz from the OS. I'm referring to a 240Hz monitor configured to 60 Hz, like when connected to a gaming console).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

zia
Posts: 6
Joined: 11 May 2021, 00:46

Re: Asus VG279QM

Post by zia » 13 May 2021, 12:01

Hmm think best way forward is to actually try it out amazon usually have good return policy,very rarely play compettitive fps games on ps5/ps4 mostly used for single player game with good colours etc.even if i can get 1080 120hz output to moniter with reasonable input lag would be enough for my needs.

Zia

User avatar
Discorz
Posts: 180
Joined: 06 Sep 2019, 02:39
Location: Croatia

Re: Asus VG279QM

Post by Discorz » 13 May 2021, 15:33

zia wrote:
13 May 2021, 12:01
Hmm think best way forward is to actually try it out amazon usually have good return policy,very rarely play compettitive fps games on ps5/ps4 mostly used for single player game with good colours etc.even if i can get 1080 120hz output to moniter with reasonable input lag would be enough for my needs.
Thats a bad buy for console gaming. And don't pay extra and then underutilize monitor.
So here are 3 people telling u not to buy it, now you make a decision.
ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM | DELL Alienware AW2518HF | AOC C24G1 | AOC G2790PX | PHILIPS 245C7QJSB | LG W2246 | Fujitsu 17P4 CRT
Setup | Monitor UFO Motion Test Collection

zia
Posts: 6
Joined: 11 May 2021, 00:46

Re: Asus VG279QM

Post by zia » 13 May 2021, 15:57

As stated main use is 240hz gaming on pc,with ps5 as secondary usage...i value you opinions and greatful for your input.

thank you zia

User avatar
Discorz
Posts: 180
Joined: 06 Sep 2019, 02:39
Location: Croatia

Re: Asus VG279QM

Post by Discorz » 14 May 2021, 03:37

zia wrote:
13 May 2021, 15:57
As stated main use is 240hz gaming on pc,with ps5 as secondary usage...i value you opinions and greatful for your input.
No statement of pc usage...

But if you mainly use pc than it would somewhat make sense to try it out.
ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM | DELL Alienware AW2518HF | AOC C24G1 | AOC G2790PX | PHILIPS 245C7QJSB | LG W2246 | Fujitsu 17P4 CRT
Setup | Monitor UFO Motion Test Collection

zia
Posts: 6
Joined: 11 May 2021, 00:46

Re: Asus VG279QM

Post by zia » 14 May 2021, 11:45

what incerment do 240hz moniter have 60,85,120,144,240? or can you set custom hz level? ie 165? 200?

zia

Post Reply