ZOWIE XL2566K Discussion Thread [24.5" 360hz TN]

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
kevpit3294

Re: ZOWIE XL2566K Discussion Thread [24.5" 360hz TN]

Post by kevpit3294 » 08 Mar 2023, 06:23

Slender wrote:
07 Feb 2023, 21:27
How to use Quick Frame Transport (QFT) tweak on xl2566k via CRU 1.5.2
1) If you use custom resolution for this monitor (like extract reduced) you need to run reset-all.exe and restart64.exe for reset display resolutions (you need default res profile)
2) You need to remove all unnecessary resolutions, exept 1 detailed resolution (this 1080p60hz need to open Valorant or Fortnite games)
It is also necessary for standard xl2566k profiles such as (1024х768,1280x960) to work when using Display Scaling cru2.PNG
3) Go to DisplayID --- Detailed Resolutions cru3.PNG
4) Open 1920x1080 360hz profile
5) Click Copy and close it
6) Click Add...
7) Make Paste
8) Find Vertical Total Calculator in Timing section
9) Put in Refresh Rate what HZ you need (im take 240hz) cru4.PNG
10) Click OK 4 times and start restart64.exe
How do you unlock pixelclock, because i have try to unlock with patch, but i put 360hz it goes RED and not valide on CRU , need help pls

Slender

Post by Slender » 09 Mar 2023, 15:16

kevpit3294 wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 06:23
Slender wrote:
07 Feb 2023, 21:27
How to use Quick Frame Transport (QFT) tweak on xl2566k via CRU 1.5.2
1) If you use custom resolution for this monitor (like extract reduced) you need to run reset-all.exe and restart64.exe for reset display resolutions (you need default res profile)
2) You need to remove all unnecessary resolutions, exept 1 detailed resolution (this 1080p60hz need to open Valorant or Fortnite games)
It is also necessary for standard xl2566k profiles such as (1024х768,1280x960) to work when using Display Scaling cru2.PNG
3) Go to DisplayID --- Detailed Resolutions cru3.PNG
4) Open 1920x1080 360hz profile
5) Click Copy and close it
6) Click Add...
7) Make Paste
8) Find Vertical Total Calculator in Timing section
9) Put in Refresh Rate what HZ you need (im take 240hz) cru4.PNG
10) Click OK 4 times and start restart64.exe
How do you unlock pixelclock, because i have try to unlock with patch, but i put 360hz it goes RED and not valide on CRU , need help pls
I specifically painted everything in detail to avoid such questions.
You'll get red if you enter this in (detailed resolution), but 1600x900/360hz already works, right?
Please read the instructions in ENGLISH.
It tells you where to go and what to do.

Caronizeeee

Post by Caronizeeee » 22 Mar 2023, 15:48

Guys, how much better is the XL2566k compared to the XL2546k? In all senses

masterblaster

Post by masterblaster » 24 Mar 2023, 21:29

Caronizeeee wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 15:48
Guys, how much better is the XL2566k compared to the XL2546k? In all senses
I dunno. I can tell you i tried both in the past. Both are not worth $600 so.. People have this thing for dyac and its good but these monitors are 100% not worth $500-600. Its just a crappy TN panel with dyac. I mean, I would get the new one if ur debating between spending $500 or $600 but...still not worth.

seabo

Post by seabo » 25 Mar 2023, 23:16

Anyone seem to have an issue where the red colour seems oversaturated even when I turn red down in colour temp? Very noticeable compared to my 2nd monitor which is IPS. Happened after a while then I reset all the settings and it still like that with all settings.

Quarksie

Post by Quarksie » 26 Mar 2023, 21:38

Try the ICC color profile on Zowie website and dowload the XL settings software then dowload the Overwatch one and apply.
Beq 0
Vibrance 12
LBL 0
Gamma 4
Color user define R95 G97 B97
Brightness 20
Contrast 50
sharpness 9
Ama as you like depended on refresh rate (144 and below at 9, >144 you should set at 13 until 21)
so far satisfied with colors and pretty close to my IPS VG259QM as long as you look straight on or with monitor slightly downward like 2dgr.
If you tilt monitor upwards it becomes too dark.
No oversaturation, just clear, colours separations is perfect, visibility in comp games top, in AAA even tidy bit better than IPS. films perfect. The only thing missing is 1440p...

seabo

Post by seabo » 27 Mar 2023, 21:20

Quarksie wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 21:38
Try the ICC color profile on Zowie website and dowload the XL settings software then dowload the Overwatch one and apply.
Beq 0
Vibrance 12
LBL 0
Gamma 4
Color user define R95 G97 B97
Brightness 20
Contrast 50
sharpness 9
Ama as you like depended on refresh rate (144 and below at 9, >144 you should set at 13 until 21)
so far satisfied with colors and pretty close to my IPS VG259QM as long as you look straight on or with monitor slightly downward like 2dgr.
If you tilt monitor upwards it becomes too dark.
No oversaturation, just clear, colours separations is perfect, visibility in comp games top, in AAA even tidy bit better than IPS. films perfect. The only thing missing is 1440p...
Thanks, are your eyes level with the top of the monitor or a bit below?

seabo

Post by seabo » 28 Mar 2023, 20:19

Well actually the reds are still saturated for me according to lagom test http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php only the red bar has issues from rectangle 28-32 it looks exactly the same colour and changing the settings don't really help even with contrast at 0 and brightness at 0 and any colour temp. Would this be a monitor defect?

catbug

Post by catbug » 30 Mar 2023, 22:50

I got this monitor a week ago, and I wanted to like it, but so far my experience with it has not been very good.

Context: I am pretty much only playing apex legends right now, and I'm coming from a vg259qm on 240hz, secret 3.5 OD. I was running GSYNC on, VSYNC on, and RTSS frame cap for a long time. Hardware is 3080 10gb, 10850k, 1000W PSU, 2x16gb 3200mhz ram. I can usually hold up to 240fps just fine in apex until I look in certain spots in certain maps and fps drops to like 180 or so. In retrospect, I guess I can say that I enjoyed this setup.

I picked up this monitor because by all accounts it seems to be the best "esports" grade monitor on the market, regardless of whether or not you can saturate the 360hz or not (according to these forums). I wanted to experience a "super fast" panel with these new E-TN panels. I am super intrigued by strobing and want to experience it. But I haven't been able to get a clean experience yet.

I have tried a bunch of different setups and configurations. Two notable ones are the 200hz and 144hz custom resolutions in CRU using the vertical calculator thingy with RTSS set to a scanline sync where what I am pretty sure was the screen tear spot (a visible horizontal band) moved off my screen (this setting ended up being -100 for me). This was to use DyAc+ Premium with the Strobe Utility that I shamelessly copied axaro1 (hi) with the 25 on the crosstalk slider.
This was fine enough, but it was still "jittery"... i guess that's the word for it, but I know that that actually means something and I could be using the wrong terminology. And sometimes (I think it would be whenever frames dropped below hz set in resolution) it would feel like my character was stuck in mud, or the game was super unresponsive or something. Basically, this dyac with poor mans sync just did not feel good in game. If I could configure something I liked in the firing range (much smaller playable area with significantly less players), it didn't translate to a live game.

I have also just set up the stock 240hz with VRR using the same method outlined above. This was much better, but it still didn't feel as good as my 259qm. I think I was still getting some artifacts that I don't know how to properly describe. Besides, if I'm not using DyAc, is there really a point in having spent $600 on a monitor where I can't touch the max refresh rate and I don't even use one of the main features? That one (value) is obviously for me to decide, and no one can answer that for me.
Also of note: I have set up custom resolutions at 240hz with the vertical calculator technique and used the stock one, and the stock one feels noticeably better. Does this just mean I have to play with the vertical total until it feels better?

I think that I should return this monitor and get the viewsonic xg2431 and see if that feels like an upgrade. It's very possible I don't end up using the strobing on that monitor, since I don't believe it's possible to enable the PureXP and VRR simultaneously but from what I could tell by looking at the RTINGs tables, it scales down better anyways (see: strobing at 120hz and 60hz).

I want to experience the best of the best, but I think either I'm incompetent or the performance is just not there if you can't run it at 360hz (I'm not really sure how running a monitor on anything other than the "native" resolution works, but I was under the impression that this monitor at 240hz would be better than my 240hz monitor on 240hz). I know that this monitor is mostly meant for CS:GO/Valorant, where it's more than possible to be pushing 360hz constantly with minimal drops, but there have been pro apex players that have gotten this monitor recently and have sung the praises of it (TSM Reps, StayNaughtyy, NRG Sweetdreams, to name a few). What are they experiencing that I'm missing?

Sorry for the text wall, as I stated previously, I just feel like I'm at a loss. I'm gaslighting myself because obviously this monitor is good, but it just isn't performing for me. If anyone has any ideas of some settings/configuration that I can try before my return window is up, I'm all ears.

Grasshopper24

Post by Grasshopper24 » 31 Mar 2023, 03:14

catbug wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 22:50
I got this monitor a week ago, and I wanted to like it, but so far my experience with it has not been very good.

Context: I am pretty much only playing apex legends right now, and I'm coming from a vg259qm on 240hz, secret 3.5 OD. I was running GSYNC on, VSYNC on, and RTSS frame cap for a long time. Hardware is 3080 10gb, 10850k, 1000W PSU, 2x16gb 3200mhz ram. I can usually hold up to 240fps just fine in apex until I look in certain spots in certain maps and fps drops to like 180 or so. In retrospect, I guess I can say that I enjoyed this setup.

I picked up this monitor because by all accounts it seems to be the best "esports" grade monitor on the market, regardless of whether or not you can saturate the 360hz or not (according to these forums). I wanted to experience a "super fast" panel with these new E-TN panels. I am super intrigued by strobing and want to experience it. But I haven't been able to get a clean experience yet.

I have tried a bunch of different setups and configurations. Two notable ones are the 200hz and 144hz custom resolutions in CRU using the vertical calculator thingy with RTSS set to a scanline sync where what I am pretty sure was the screen tear spot (a visible horizontal band) moved off my screen (this setting ended up being -100 for me). This was to use DyAc+ Premium with the Strobe Utility that I shamelessly copied axaro1 (hi) with the 25 on the crosstalk slider.
This was fine enough, but it was still "jittery"... i guess that's the word for it, but I know that that actually means something and I could be using the wrong terminology. And sometimes (I think it would be whenever frames dropped below hz set in resolution) it would feel like my character was stuck in mud, or the game was super unresponsive or something. Basically, this dyac with poor mans sync just did not feel good in game. If I could configure something I liked in the firing range (much smaller playable area with significantly less players), it didn't translate to a live game.

I have also just set up the stock 240hz with VRR using the same method outlined above. This was much better, but it still didn't feel as good as my 259qm. I think I was still getting some artifacts that I don't know how to properly describe. Besides, if I'm not using DyAc, is there really a point in having spent $600 on a monitor where I can't touch the max refresh rate and I don't even use one of the main features? That one (value) is obviously for me to decide, and no one can answer that for me.
Also of note: I have set up custom resolutions at 240hz with the vertical calculator technique and used the stock one, and the stock one feels noticeably better. Does this just mean I have to play with the vertical total until it feels better?

I think that I should return this monitor and get the viewsonic xg2431 and see if that feels like an upgrade. It's very possible I don't end up using the strobing on that monitor, since I don't believe it's possible to enable the PureXP and VRR simultaneously but from what I could tell by looking at the RTINGs tables, it scales down better anyways (see: strobing at 120hz and 60hz).

I want to experience the best of the best, but I think either I'm incompetent or the performance is just not there if you can't run it at 360hz (I'm not really sure how running a monitor on anything other than the "native" resolution works, but I was under the impression that this monitor at 240hz would be better than my 240hz monitor on 240hz). I know that this monitor is mostly meant for CS:GO/Valorant, where it's more than possible to be pushing 360hz constantly with minimal drops, but there have been pro apex players that have gotten this monitor recently and have sung the praises of it (TSM Reps, StayNaughtyy, NRG Sweetdreams, to name a few). What are they experiencing that I'm missing?

Sorry for the text wall, as I stated previously, I just feel like I'm at a loss. I'm gaslighting myself because obviously this monitor is good, but it just isn't performing for me. If anyone has any ideas of some settings/configuration that I can try before my return window is up, I'm all ears.
What AMA setting are you using? Did you try running 240fps at 360hz? For apex I run uncapped FPS and 360hz with AMA set to 15.

With dyac on I tried 240hz, 240fps cap, AMA 8 but the image felt more jittery than the 360hz setup without dyac.

I also think something about apex just feels off on mouse and keyboard when compared to other games. Meaning 240fps on apex feels way choppier than 240fps on any other game and I’ve read other people have experienced the same.

You might’ve also just gotten used to the “smoothness” provided by the gsync+vsync combo on your old monitor.

Gotta say though in valo/Csgo with 360fps at 360hz this monitor is quite the treat.