Official Asus ROG Swift 360Hz PG259QN Owners Thread

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chillen

Re: Official Asus ROG Swift 360Hz PG259QN Owners Thread

Post by Chillen » 15 Nov 2020, 11:17

Yes 1660 Super. I tried all display ports at different refresh rates. I tried included hdmi cable and my own hdmi cable. Switched to the old 970 and tried all cables and ports as well.

I unplugged the rog swift and plugged it back in. The problem went away and monitor is working flawlessly. I don't know what to do at this point.

Chillen

Post by Chillen » 15 Nov 2020, 17:17

AddictFPS wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 10:03
Chillen wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 14:13
Screen is pink and green. I have plugged same cable into another monitor and switched out GPUs and the other monitor is fine. Everything points to the monitor unfortunately. What a shame. I guess I will start the RMA process unless anyone can think of a solution.
GPU is GTX 1660 Super ? Occur in all DP ports ? at all monitor frequencies like 240 or 60 ? also with HDMI ? Test disabling GPU overclock.
Here is a picture of what the screen looked like. I also replied to your questions in a separate post. Thanks for the help.
Attachments
Rog Swift Pink Screen.jpg
Rog Swift Pink Screen.jpg (1008.81 KiB) Viewed 4900 times

Stevie66

Post by Stevie66 » 15 Nov 2020, 18:47

Strange how the OSD isn't messed up like the rest of the screen

howiec

Post by howiec » 15 Nov 2020, 19:12

Chillen wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 11:17
Yes 1660 Super. I tried all display ports at different refresh rates. I tried included hdmi cable and my own hdmi cable. Switched to the old 970 and tried all cables and ports as well.

I unplugged the rog swift and plugged it back in. The problem went away and monitor is working flawlessly. I don't know what to do at this point.
So I had a very strange issue on mine recently but I've also been messing with other stuff. I saw vertical bar artifacts all over my screen but the OSD was rendered correctly so I knew it was likely a signal issue vs a panel issue.

I also tried different cables, ports, resolutions, refresh rates, timings, etc. to no avail.
Then I DDU uninstalled my Nvidia driver (safe mode, no internet), reinstalled it, and everything was back to normal.

Seems like something related to the driver somehow got corrupted.

Chillen

Post by Chillen » 15 Nov 2020, 23:24

howiec wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 19:12
Chillen wrote:

So I had a very strange issue on mine recently but I've also been messing with other stuff. I saw vertical bar artifacts all over my screen but the OSD was rendered correctly so I knew it was likely a signal issue vs a panel issue.

I also tried different cables, ports, resolutions, refresh rates, timings, etc. to no avail.
Then I DDU uninstalled my Nvidia driver (safe mode, no internet), reinstalled it, and everything was back to normal.

So I had the vertical bars going across the screen as well. It's just hard to see in the picture. So, it must be a driver issue because it sounds like we had the same problem. Weird thing is that I did try another monitor and it worked fine. I don't know why a driver issue would only effect this monitor.

Stevie66

Post by Stevie66 » 15 Nov 2020, 23:47

If it's vertical bars then it's the issue that 240hz 24" AU Optronics panels had, shame they have it again for the 360hz versions. My Alienware 240hz had it think it's called pixel inversion artifacts and looks like a lot of vertical lines down the screen almost like a CRT

howiec

Post by howiec » 16 Nov 2020, 06:37

Stevie66 wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 23:47
If it's vertical bars then it's the issue that 240hz 24" AU Optronics panels had, shame they have it again for the 360hz versions. My Alienware 240hz had it think it's called pixel inversion artifacts and looks like a lot of vertical lines down the screen almost like a CRT
I just looked up pixel inversion artifacts and what I had was totally different than what I see in example pics from the Google search, unless it was a super extreme version or something.

I should've taken some pics but basically imagine alternating vertical bars roughly 5 or so pixels wide were solid and static in position. The other bars were somewhat correct but I believe still had some other types of artifacts.

Also, the weird thing is that mine was resolved after a driver uninstall/reinstall... Perhaps it was somehow related to the additional custom resolutions and refresh rates I had although the single one I'm using now is exactly the same as the one I had prior to the driver reinstall (prior I also had other custom resolutions, just not in use).

Stevie66

Post by Stevie66 » 16 Nov 2020, 07:31

howiec wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 06:37
Stevie66 wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 23:47
I just looked up pixel inversion artifacts and what I had was totally different than what I see in example pics from the Google search, unless it was a super extreme version or something.

I should've taken some pics but basically imagine alternating vertical bars roughly 5 or so pixels wide were solid and static in position. The other bars were somewhat correct but I believe still had some other types of artifacts.

Also, the weird thing is that mine was resolved after a driver uninstall/reinstall... Perhaps it was somehow related to the additional custom resolutions and refresh rates I had although the single one I'm using now is exactly the same as the one I had prior to the driver reinstall (prior I also had other custom resolutions, just not in use).
From some other users here, mine and others were like this that randomly showed up and went away, hopefully the 360hz monitors don't get this problem anymore

howiec

Post by howiec » 16 Nov 2020, 08:04

Stevie66 wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 07:31
From some other users here, mine and others were like this that randomly showed up and went away, hopefully the 360hz monitors don't get this problem anymore
Yeah, that's different than what I had.

Another strange thing is that I only had the problem on my PG259QN while my PG258Q was running fine in tandem.

Oh well. Hopefully it doesn't recur.

andrelip

Post by andrelip » 16 Nov 2020, 09:06

Chillen wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 23:24
howiec wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 19:12
Chillen wrote:

So I had the vertical bars going across the screen as well. It's just hard to see in the picture. So, it must be a driver issue because it sounds like we had the same problem. Weird thing is that I did try another monitor and it worked fine. I don't know why a driver issue would only effect this monitor.
I had that. Tried to reboot the computer, unplug the cables, etc. What solved for me was disconnecting the monitor from the power.
I have an Asus Strix 3080