The weirdest thing is happening to me and I have no idea how to fix it

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Virtua

The weirdest thing is happening to me and I have no idea how to fix it

Post by Virtua » 12 Jun 2022, 16:36

The post might not be super related here but I'm out of options

I have an acer xf240h and Asus vg245h as my 2nd monitor
Everything was fine when I got the Acer, maybe sometime it will lose connection whenver I started the pc but I saw that it was sort of common and happened 3 times a year max so it didn't bother me.
A couple months ago I moved to a new home, carried my pc and monitors nad made sure nothing happened and 100% they were untouched.

At first everything was fine but after a bit the Acer monitor just turned lost connection(stayed on the whole time) and sometimes it would not comeback at all and I had to restart it or it will go blank for 2 seconds and come back like nothing happened. it can occur every 5 minutes or once every hour seems random to me and it only happens on that monitor.

Now you might think that the monitor is faulty, however it NEVER happenes when my AC is turned off I have no idea how the AC is causing it however, right when it happens I can hear a weird sound from the AC and then the screen goes poof.

I even saw the AC causing my light to turn on for a brief second with the weird sound.
Things I tried: changing the AC/monitor to a different port in the wall, changing DP cables. I also checked the wires inside the AC and they seemed fine.

I'll call some guy who fixes AC's or maybe and electrician but maybe you guys have some ideas that can help.