Chroma Compression issues at monitor spec (1440PUW 144hz)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Mansen

Chroma Compression issues at monitor spec (1440PUW 144hz)

Post by Mansen » 19 Jun 2022, 01:59

Hey everyone.

This might not be the perfect place to post this, but I am getting desperate and Y'all seem to be very in the know when it comes to monitors and getting the most out of them.

Long story short: I bought an Lenovo G34w-10 1440P 144hz Ultrawide monitor, and if I attempt to run it at spec, I get chroma subsampling artifacts. I've tried resetting the monitor, forcing it to run at DP 1.4 and even bought a new cable that was (supposed to be) specced for 1.4

I've had to set up a manual 120hz resolution to fall back on in nVidia's Control panel to get the "Most" out of the monitor in spite of this. Monitor is plugged into my 3080 (which has the rebar firmware update if this matters). The weird thing is when I first unpacked and set up the monitor, the trick of setting the panel to DP1.1 and then 1.4 actually worked. But after moving (literally just packed everything down and unpacked it at the other end with no hardware changes) I can't do this anymore.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Lenovo just kind of scratched their heads collectively when I "attempted" to seek support on their end.