Does Ozone DSP25 Ultra 360Hz support dynamic overdrive on Gsync?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
daniloberserk

Does Ozone DSP25 Ultra 360Hz support dynamic overdrive on Gsync?

Post by daniloberserk » 04 Jul 2022, 09:09

Hi! I just bought the Ozone DSP25 Ultra 360 Hz IPS (AHVA) display that I'm still messing with, I'm liking a lot so far!

BUT, while messing around, I noticed how atrociously bad the overdrive on high looks at 60 Hz while capping my FPS to 60 on Freesync. I honestly didn't had any idea that dynamic overdrive was even a thing 'til I saw this post: viewtopic.php?t=4935 it didn't overshoot that bad on my previous LG 240 Hz in any overdrive option.

It seems that changing it to medium turn out to be MUCH better. I don't perceive any major difference at 360 Hz so, I'm going for medium overdrive for now for an good "middle ground"... Might be not even necessary because tearing is honestly very hard to notice at 360 Hz with Freesync off for me, even at 60 FPS. So I'm really tempted to just turn it off.

But for the sake of my curiosity, I would like to know if this display supports dynamic overdrive with Nvidia since I'm using an AMD GPU. AFAIK this monitor has an Gsync Module, but it's honestly quite hard to find any info about it.

It's also might be good to know if someone has some good information or tips to share about this display, since it seems we don't have any official topic about it.