Which 1080p 240hz IPS monitor with G-Sync

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Detrimentation

Which 1080p 240hz IPS monitor with G-Sync

Post by Detrimentation » 08 Jul 2022, 18:13

Hi guys, first time posting here but I've been lurking a lot this week. I've seen the recommended list of gaming monitors, the officially endorsed G-Sync monitors by this site, and even a tier-list post for 240hz IPS monitors.

However, with all of these resources it seems that they decide which G-Sync monitors are the best with the assumption that you'll also be using it with some kind of motion blur reduction. After reading another pinned resource, it seems that I wouldn't benefit from ULBB because for FPS games I usually focus solely on the crosshair in the center of my screen, so it's ULBB implementation is irrelevant to me. That's also why I am looking for 1080p monitors because I prefer a 24-25" display so when I do look outside my crosshair it's a lot closer to my crosshair (unfortunately 1440p 24" monitors aren't a thing T_T).

That's why I am looking for the best 240hz 1080p IPS monitor with G-Sync, whether it's a dedicated G-Sync module or if it's G-Sync compatible. With this in mind, I am looking for the monitors with the best G-Sync FPS ranges, low FPS to as close to 240hz as possible as well as the least input lag.

I did find Nvidia's official list of supported G-Sync monitors AND their G-Sync FPS ranges, but the issue is that it seems a lot of it is wrong. For instance, I was looking at the MSI 251RX monitor, which has a really good sale right now and seems very well regarded, but according to NVIDIA's list it's range was 48-120hz. So I thought it was shitty and moved on and saw the ASUS 259QM with a whopping 280hz refresh rate and 48-240hz support, so it seemed like a no-brainer. But then I saw a bunch of ppl say that it's input lag was horrible at low FPS, and a lot of games I play cap their FPS at 60. Plus I plan on getting a PS5 as well (once the price isn't stupid" to use VRR with from whatever monitor I get, so this one seems out of the question if this is true.

So I don't know which resources to trust with my needs. The only ones that are remotely-affordable to me are the MSI MAG251RX, Alienware AW2521HF, and ASUS 259QM. Appreciate all advice :)