CRU LCD reduced timing and greyness problem (VG259QM) (SOLVED)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
vg259qm owner

CRU LCD reduced timing and greyness problem (VG259QM) (SOLVED)

Post by vg259qm owner » 15 Jul 2022, 23:21

Please I need the expertise of some experienced people here on how to solve this problem because I just saw the tricks of this guy of how to set up overdrive to 120 which I successfully did. But what I did not was set up a 10 bit color in my nvidia panel which requires me to open CRU and set up a LCD reduced timing to a new detailed resolution and I can't.

Also I discovered that the FPS color mode is so horribly bad on CS GO and for some reason I need to adjust the ingame gamma values it commands (mat_monitorgamma) to look better but it does not... There is like some grey filter around and when I take a printscreen for some reason the photo ignores the filter when I past on my paint and I can see it how it would look like but it does not look like the way it should right now.

EDIT: I fixed this problem of greyness by placing on the -nogammarramp command on launch settings and I followed this guy viewtopic.php?t=7728 but... the colors aren't grey but their are neither good compared to the scenary color config of this monitor and to use NVIDIA vibrance means colors look like they are colorfully unnaturally. If I show you it a photo how is the color of the moba config of this monitor it's as if I had been put on a horror show I swear the only color I see is red from my ak gun and the rest is literraly grey from old films. Are all of your monitor like this if you put moba config? Is the a defect? Should I post a photo?

EDIT: After seeing that the greyness "filter" problem still persisted and of this weird problem nothing was found on the web. I did fix it by reducing the gamma on the NVIDIA panel! Very weird problem... Do you guys have any explanation for this?
Attachments
brave_feGIhNSyyr.png
brave_feGIhNSyyr.png (37.95 KiB) Viewed 3470 times
Last edited by vg259qm owner on 17 Jul 2022, 10:40, edited 3 times in total.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Can't set up in my CRU a LCD reduced timing (VG259QM)

Post by RealNC » 16 Jul 2022, 08:42

Read the version changelog here:

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thre ... tility-CRU
Changes in 1.5:

"LCD reduced" has been eliminated because it was too arbitrary and only worked for certain resolutions. Try "Exact reduced" for an alternative.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

vg259qm owner

Re: Can't set up in my CRU a LCD reduced timing (VG259QM)

Post by vg259qm owner » 16 Jul 2022, 08:59

RealNC wrote:
16 Jul 2022, 08:42
Read the version changelog here:

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thre ... tility-CRU
Changes in 1.5:

"LCD reduced" has been eliminated because it was too arbitrary and only worked for certain resolutions. Try "Exact reduced" for an alternative.
Thank you I didn't know that the previous version changed so much. Should I download the previous version like this guy have https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl-Ata9ql2A or it's the same to try the "Exact Reduced"?

vg259qm owner

Re: The Official *Asus VG259QM* Owners Thread (+ Secret Overdrive)

Post by vg259qm owner » 16 Jul 2022, 11:09

I now have 10 bits on two different resolutions only possible with the creation of two detailed resolution (I did with the previous version). Does it have any downsides by using the previous version? And does 10 bit cause input lag? Thank you bro.