MSI MAG274QRF-QD Review ! ( for mix usage but mostly Apex Legends ! )

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Anonymous316387

Re: MSI MAG274QRF-QD Review ! ( for mix usage but mostly Apex Legends ! )

Post by Anonymous316387 » 09 Sep 2022, 15:33

striker333 wrote:
09 Sep 2022, 07:18
Anonymous316387 wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 18:30
striker333 wrote:
03 Sep 2022, 14:07
BTW . wanted to ask if u have this problem with apex legends when u change your looking vertically color get brighter and dimmer . when u look up it is brighter and when looking down with mouse it got dimmer ?? and when changing viewing fast like open a door and got to sun it looks like when u are in a dark room and suddenly looked to the sun. we can say color gradient problem ? . sorry about my description . my English isn't that good
Yes, I see what you're talking about.

Me too I have this phenomenon that when you look at the ground it's a bit dark and the more you look at the top it's bright, in reality it's Apex lol

But when you are on King's Canyon for example and you have sun in the game and you enter a building, you see nothing in the building because it's all black, right? and the screen takes 3 years to update its brightness?

If you're talking about that, it's the game but also the screens! it depends on the response time from black to white and gray to gray, the M27QX and the MSI MAG274QRF-QD have response times that are really not crazy... ( and Black Equalizer help a little about that )

If you take a BenQ XL2546K for example, this phenomenon will not occur or very very little because it's a 1080p TN 240hz very fast panel for that.

If you want advice don't hesitate, I have tried almost all recent screens and I know about their qualities and their weaknesses.
Thx again for your reply . happy to found some one have my exact same problems and feel it . it is actually a personal problem . ya the new monitors are mostly bad and crap but most people try to adapt to it . but not me . my eyes is so sensitive . motion and blurring affect me badly even affect my aim so hard in games . I cant go with OLED cuz of the cost and the burning in problem . I waited a lot after using my 2720z even posted many times in this forum and others and then got a monitor that didn't satisfy me . but as I told u I have little option . btw the m27qx costs here about 680$$ :D . I missed the CRT monitors . there was no complain about anything no blurring and no response time :D besides old games had much better optimizations . imagine what I am trying to play at 60HZ with this monitor :D I feel I am better with 60HZ with terms of less motion . feel image is clear but have stuttering ofc and more response time . may be u will find this not scientific . about apex legends I found best settings for this monitor after trying so many thing and ya it is apex legends problem more than the monitor . I hope u find the monitor u want . good luck with this trip :D . cuz I am done . just ill try to get another m27qx if I can cuz I have a lot of bleeding with this unit .
Hi ! I received today the Acer XV272UX (1440p 270hz Quantum dots IPS OC) And I can say that I think I found my monitor, it explodes everything I've seen so far, it has the same panel as the Asus XG27AQM but I find that the overdrive (on "normal" mode " ) is better than on Asus, plus the anti-reflection treatment is really good! There is a "max brightness" mode which unbridled the brightness of the screen and it can become very very bright! The colors are great too! The negative points ? A good osd but which could have been better for the control... And when you put G-sync + 270hz sometimes the screen puts a message "unauthorized frequency" or something like that and I have to either go back to windows or turn the screen off and on. But 240hz doesn't bother me. Clearly the 270hz on the Acer is preferable without G-Sync (but I can't stand playing without G-Sync with v-sync, otherwise I still feel the jerks) But it is very good, especially the performance in ghosting is impressive! In addition it is cheap, on Amazon it costs around 500 euro and can drop to 400 euro at times (where I come from) In conclusion, it has the same panel as the Asus XG27AQM, same colors and the same incredible brightness, but the ghosting performance seems slightly better on the Acer, for the price, I will surely keep it! My top 3 monitors: Acer Nitro XV272UX / BenQ XL2540K / Asus XG27AQM. And the Acer blows up the MSI I sold, the MSI in comparison is dim, dark, super blurry in motion with quite a bit of reverse ghosting on the last overdrive mode. Moreover the Acer when you put the G-Sync blocks the overdrive level on the second "normal" mode and it's excellent, very little ghosting for my part I find and the screen is very clear despite that it does not have a sharpness option.