Is TN always the king ?!

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Is TN always the king ?!

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Nov 2022, 01:22

Anonymous316387 wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 21:51
The fact are in front of my eyes all TN are clearly superior in terms of performance, I've never seen an IPS have the same motion blur performance ( even the PG279QM / XG27AQM / Acer XV272UX etc )
Newer E-TN seems to be easily better at 360 Hz, but if you limit yourself to 240 Hz vs 240 Hz, there are now some non-strobe IPS options with less motion blur than the average/worst TN.

Now if you cherrypick, the best TN still does outperform the best IPS in sample and hold motion clarity, if you ignore other artifacts (viewing angle issue, increased inversion artifacts, etc).

I've probably seen more monitors than all of you have -- remember I fly to conventions and see thousands of monitors.

I am a messenger to tell you if you cast a wide-enough net, the TN and IPS venn diagram overlaps at 240 Hz leagues.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Is TN always the king ?!

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Nov 2022, 01:26

1000WATT wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 18:19
This dialogue has slipped down to philosophy.
If objectivity is your personal opinion based on how exactly you perceive information. This is checkmate for me. I walk into the sunset in disgrace.
Anonymous316387 wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 21:51
In conclusion, if you can't tell me (without believing yourself superior to the debate) why TNs are inferior to IPS, I can't argue with you, sorry guy but your comment are very rude sometimes and very , tried to bemore gentle next time.
Reminder of forum rule:
Even to be newbies.
Forum Rules: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=183

We aren't Facebook or Twitter.

However, ignoring the temperature of the wording, both sides have good points.

TN definitely isn't always the king, but it definitely historically has often stayed ahead more often than not.

Due to increase in the flame temperature of the wording, and these replies indicates a thread-closeout, means this great thread has finished its usefulness. Good time to close this thread, and keep it useful in the archives, since additional replies will degrade usefulness of the previous replies.

I appreciate the opening of the debate and seeing some of the useful contexts here, and as imperfect as pursuit photography can sometimes be (camera settings, etc), and the various arguments set forth -- but despite TN general superiority, the venn diagram still overlaps.

Thread closed. *click*
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!