Is TN always the king ?!

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Anonymous316387

Is TN always the king ?!

Post by Anonymous316387 » 24 Jul 2022, 13:30

Hi, i know, fast-ips becoming better than before but actually, in terms of motion blur only ( not for response time ) TN are always the winner, you can check on Rtings Website that with some IPS the Rtings logo is always very blurry with bigger letter than on TN.

I think that TN is always the winner here, it's not noticeable at 240hz for some people but few like me found that even at 240hz some IPS can be worse than 144hz TN.

Tell me what do you think or if you thinking i'm false here at this point.

Curious to know your opinion about that, because at 99% at time i see only of TN panel in Esport ( Apex Legends ) you can check that on Prossetings website, even in Overwatch and other game.

and some pro when test some IPS back to TN, but why...

( i'm not talking about Strobing or stuff like this )

DPRTMELR

Re: Is TN always the king ?!

Post by DPRTMELR » 24 Jul 2022, 13:31

Curious to know your opinion about that, because at 99% at time i see only of TN panel in Esport ( Apex Legends ) you can check that on Prossetings website, even in Overwatch and other game.
One aspect is sponsorship. Also their livelyhood depends on their hardware coming through for them, if they are headshotting people just fine it would be unwise for them to venture ahead of the pack and take a gamble and half assing the practice hours trying to readjust back and forth.
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

Anonymous316387

Post by Anonymous316387 » 24 Jul 2022, 14:20

DPRTMELR wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 13:31
One aspect is sponsorship. Also their livelyhood depends on their hardware coming through for them, if they are headshotting people just fine it would be unwise for them to venture ahead of the pack and take a gamble and half assing the practice hours trying to readjust back and forth.
Hi thanks for the answer, yes it's sponsor but not at 100%

ShivFPS for example play now on Odyssey G7 32 inch ( which is weird ) but anyway he don't play on ALGS.

So for you all people take TN just for Sponsor ? i can guarantee that it's not only that, you can check that on Rtings Website that motion blur are more important on both VA and IPS panels.

And even if it's sponsor for 50% of players, why it's always TN and not VA or IPS ?

And some player like Askyy ( Predator on Apex Legends ) are not sponsor by BenQ but have XL2546K

i prefer IPS but the blur bored me, anyway i have only 165hz :lol:

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 24 Jul 2022, 14:29

.... ok i will elaborate because wow

If they know tn > ips for their immediate and long term needs (there are words of different display style scoming up that will topple tn, but i've been hearing it for too long), all they need to worry about is to get even more comfortable and used to the 240hz tn now and wait for 360hz tn instead of fiddling with 360 ips in the meanwhile in the hopes that it may be better at a tradeoff, because
Also their livelyhood depends on their hardware coming through for them, if they are headshotting people just fine it would be unwise for them to venture ahead of the pack and take a gamble and half assing the practice hours trying to readjust back and forth.
unless they just like trying these things out :p

Anonymous316387

Post by Anonymous316387 » 24 Jul 2022, 17:53

DPRTMELR wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 14:29
.... ok i will elaborate because wow

If they know tn > ips for their immediate and long term needs (there are words of different display style scoming up that will topple tn, but i've been hearing it for too long), all they need to worry about is to get even more comfortable and used to the 240hz tn now and wait for 360hz tn instead of fiddling with 360 ips in the meanwhile in the hopes that it may be better at a tradeoff, because
Also their livelyhood depends on their hardware coming through for them, if they are headshotting people just fine it would be unwise for them to venture ahead of the pack and take a gamble and half assing the practice hours trying to readjust back and forth.
unless they just like trying these things out :p
I'm sorry but I really don't understand what you are trying to say...( i use translator )

I know that IPS 360hz are bad, I just told you that TN are better in motion blur but I have the impression that you are not really answering my initial question...(don't take it wrong, maybe it's just me who misunderstands)

My basic question is "TN is still the king?"

I don't really want to talk about sponsors because pro players precisely prefer TN but the only answer I found is that for them, it's more "smooth" but what makes the smooth side of it is the hertz, not the panel right?

In any case I'm too sad to see that in terms of motion blur IPS still don't come close to TNs, in reality you'll laugh but when you take the Asus IPS 360hz VS an Asus 144hz TN I I have the impression that the TN is always less blurry, I don't know if it comes from the Rtings tests but that's what we see.

But you what do you think, the TN are still the kings?

I'm going to try the HP OMEN 27 X and the Asus XG27AQM next month, I hope the Asus will satisfy me because I'm sensitive to motion blur and allergic to strobing, so I might be stuck on TN panels haha.

My current screen is an MSI MAG274QRF-QD at 165hz IPS and the ghosting/reverse ghosting on this model is terrible.

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 24 Jul 2022, 18:34

Oh I understand. there were two points in that one paragraph.

#1 sponsorship (if teamliquid can make s1mple change the mouse he uses..) - but yeah this is more about brand name more so than panel types, my mistake.

#2 Each panels have their own strengths and weaknesses. Common consensus around the internet is that 360hz ips is not immediately better than 240hz tn for gaming. (big one is response time vs viewing angle and better colors, some people argue clarity, but they are all black blobs for me when turning my screen) and fps players have deemed that tn panel is the way to go for the response time. This means it's more reliable for them to use the gears they are used to and just wait for 360hz tn, instead of trying 360hz ips ahead of time just to get shat on lan stages because of unexpected glare or something. Also think about the time spent to get perfectly adjusted to 240tn to 360hz ips to 360hz tn to 480 ips, just on the chance that it maybe better.

We can try different things because it's for fun, but for them it's work.

Boomchakadah

Post by Boomchakadah » 28 Jul 2022, 04:22

Anonymous316387 wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 13:30
Is TN always the king
For motion clarity, yes.
VG258QM 280Hz TN (main)| XG2431 240Hz IPS | XL2540K 240Hz TN | XV252Q 1080p 280Hz IPS | XL2546K 1080p 240hz TN | AW2518HF 1080p 240Hz TN | XV240YP 1080p 165Hz IPS | XG2402 1080p 144hz TN | 27GL83A 1440p 144Hz IPS | XL2411P 144Hz TN | XF240H 144Hz TN

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 28 Jul 2022, 07:29

Anonymous316387 wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 17:53
In any case I'm too sad to see that in terms of motion blur IPS still don't come close to TNs, in reality you'll laugh but when you take the Asus IPS 360hz VS an Asus 144hz TN I I have the impression that the TN is always less blurry, I don't know if it comes from the Rtings tests but that's what we see.
Please don't mislead people.
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

Anonymous316387

Post by Anonymous316387 » 28 Jul 2022, 15:59

DPRTMELR wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 18:34
Oh I understand. there were two points in that one paragraph.

#1 sponsorship (if teamliquid can make s1mple change the mouse he uses..) - but yeah this is more about brand name more so than panel types, my mistake.

#2 Each panels have their own strengths and weaknesses. Common consensus around the internet is that 360hz ips is not immediately better than 240hz tn for gaming. (big one is response time vs viewing angle and better colors, some people argue clarity, but they are all black blobs for me when turning my screen) and fps players have deemed that tn panel is the way to go for the response time. This means it's more reliable for them to use the gears they are used to and just wait for 360hz tn, instead of trying 360hz ips ahead of time just to get shat on lan stages because of unexpected glare or something. Also think about the time spent to get perfectly adjusted to 240tn to 360hz ips to 360hz tn to 480 ips, just on the chance that it maybe better.

We can try different things because it's for fun, but for them it's work.
Ok I see, I will definitely go with TN for motion clarity, I think it's still the best.
I can't wait to see what the Amled panel looks like

Anonymous316387

Post by Anonymous316387 » 28 Jul 2022, 16:00

Boomchakadah wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 04:22
Anonymous316387 wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 13:30
Is TN always the king
For motion clarity, yes.
Thank you for the answer !

I think it too !