Trying to mess around with CRU for "sync issue"

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
spin1

Trying to mess around with CRU for "sync issue"

Post by spin1 » 30 Jul 2022, 11:51

I'm trying to use CRU in combination with NVTimingsEd to get my Samsung Odyssey G7 to "sync" correctly. A kind user here: https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic. ... 98#p184698
has gotten it to work with Nvidia 3D Vision but the only problem is, is that there's a syncing issue. The top of the screen will have crosstalk, then the entire screen will look perfect with no crosstalk, then the bottom half will slowly have bad crosstalk eventually fade in, and then it abruptly starts all over from the beginning.

I was told it's most likely a "micro sync" issue and that adjust the frequency in CRU and NVTimingsED may be able to fix it. The more I increase the frequency, the faster the entire cycle I described above happens, ie. each cycle completes quicker but the same behavior occurs.

There seem to be a lot of monitor tech gurus here and am desperate for help. I'm even willing to pay money if I can get this fixed and have 3D working "properly" on my Samsung Odyssey G7.

I also have a Dell S2716DG /S2716DGR (same thing) and an Asus PG27VQ / PG27V (same thing) and the Samsung monitor - when the syncing is correct - has less crosstalk then those other 2 monitors.

I'm really desperate to get the Samsung Odyssey G7 working properly but I have no idea what I'm doing.