C-Force 4k 15.6" OLED Review

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Naveronasis

C-Force 4k 15.6" OLED Review

Post by Naveronasis » 23 Sep 2022, 14:44

The terribly named "CF015 Next - 4K OLED HDMI & USB-C Random Plug Portable Display" is just about where the bad things I have to say about this monitor end. One thing you may consider doing is reading my first article on the Innocn 4k 15.6" oled here:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10352

As much of what I have to say builds on what was posted there. This monitor falls behind the Innocn in creature comforts. Innocn includes a case, the C-Force case is permanently attached, which sucks if you want to use it as a desktop monitor like me. Innocn has touch and dex support, the C-Force does not. Innocn has a built in battery, C-Force has no battery (more on that later), but when it comes to raw display performance the C-Force beats the Innocn hands down.

First things first, both monitors have questionable "yellow" looking out of the box color performance. Based on the size and relative performance and some research I assumed they were both using the same Samsung laptop panel most of these 15.6" Oled displays pack. BUT some up close sluthing with my camera has revealed, this may not be the case. My camera can only go so far, and the DPI of this monitor is so high that it is hard to tell...
compares.jpg
compares.jpg (3.79 MiB) Viewed 1502 times
But we are getting into the weeds here. Lets talk about how the C-force is better. With no digitizer you are more directly exposed to the display and after a month the battery in the Innocn failed where as the lack of a battery in the C-Force means one less point of failure. It can run at lower brightness off device power over USB-C or it can run off the included wall plug and use the other USB-C for video or its FULL SIZE HDMI! It is however picky about HDMI cables and having not included one my perfectly serviceable generic HDMI cable from my 4k monitor seemed to have a hard time carrying a signal it liked and I had to upgrade to a certified cable. Other people have had similar complaints on their product page.

I say 'Other USB-C port" vaguely in that neither port is labled, and the display seems to be perfectly happy accepting power or signal over EITHER PORT which means you have a much lower chance of wearing out the IO on this display. The case is a robust, magnetic, thick rubberized case that is unfortunately glued onto the back of the display making using a dedicated stand a bit awkward but it works. However, in the end, there is one area that the C-Force FAR EXCEEDS all 3 other 4k OLED displays I have tested so far.

One of the only english youtube reviews I could find complained that there was only brightness control and no OSD. I found out this is actually misinformation. The little brightness/volume knob has a hidden feature, that much like R3/L3 on a controller is hidden under the joystick, if you press this little volume knob you get a menu and IN this menu you can control all the features you would expect to see on a normal monitor INCLUDING the baseline voltage level for the panel, labled "black level" this allows you to control the contrast at the bottom end, deciding for yourself where the black cutoff is, and completely eliminate crushing or even simulate a LCD display by bringing black up into the gray range without effecting the peak brightness! (this may appeal to professional artists)
compares2.jpg
compares2.jpg (3.94 MiB) Viewed 1502 times
Forgive the camera color temp difference, I did not adjust for white balance, also it was day time when I took the C-Force image introducing more reflection. The important part is you can clearly see where the C-Force after some adjustment makes it all the way down to 1, where the Innocn cuts off after 5. Tese images have been excessively boosted from the original to show the cutoff.

(Source Test Image)
u3Lijjq.png
u3Lijjq.png (51.21 KiB) Viewed 1502 times

Naveronasis

Re: C-Force 4k 15.6" OLED Review

Post by Naveronasis » 23 Sep 2022, 15:04

The latency seems to be better than Innocn as well, here it is up against the same pedestrian TN panel.
IMG_20220923_15470wwwww7.jpg
IMG_20220923_15470wwwww7.jpg (3.89 MiB) Viewed 1495 times
Here are of course some UFO test images, it is much clearer than the pursuit cam makes it look, but at 100% scaling the UFO is so tiny it makes getting a good capture hard, as you can see here on the left... the UFO compared to my index finger lol. *both images taken at 1/60th exposure.*
compares3.jpg
compares3.jpg (3.88 MiB) Viewed 1495 times
Last but not least, a random shot of it playing a 4k test video.
IMG_20220923_15071ssssss4.jpg
IMG_20220923_15071ssssss4.jpg (3.76 MiB) Viewed 1495 times
Granted, this is an expensive monitor. Going for around 600usd, but until one of the major makers comes out with a 27~32" oled, there really is no other sub 1k option. No other 16:9 option. No other full 4k option, unless you go with a TV.

There are some cheaper... 250 doller 1080p version and even a 250 dollar ali express 4k version I'm not yet brave enough to risk buying. But having played excessive amounts of factorio and fallout 4 you can still easily get fully immersed in any game. So far on this display all I can say about it's "tiny" size is... sit closer and take comfort in putting a cat bed in all that extra space you save on your desk lol.