Acer XF243Y - Strangest thing happened to me

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Adrianos

Acer XF243Y - Strangest thing happened to me

Post by Adrianos » 23 Oct 2022, 15:18

Hello everyone! It's a pleasure to be part of the community.

I bought an Acer XF243Y 1 month ago and I didn't had time to test freesync at that time. I test it 2 days ago and when I activate freesync I experienced some insane inverse ghosting and all kind of bad things. As you may know, this monitor (and not only) has the overdrive option locked to "normal" (from what i could tell, it was extreme actually). I was so disappointed and I was already thinking to sell it and buy another one. The monitor itself is very good for the money (in my opinion). Today I just powered on the PC and i was just playing with some basic settings from the acer widget (contrast, brightness, gamma, profiles) with UFO test running in the background. After 15 minutes i left the PC and it was in stand by for 6 hours. When i came back, no more inverse ghosting in the UFO test and everything was decent and freesync is still ON. I tried to change the overdrive setting from the widget the other day and nothing changed. Can anyone please explain to me what just happened? I tried to remember if I did something else today besides the mentioned activities, but I think that's all I did.

Later EDIT: The happiness is gone. I played some CS GO and change the anti-aliasing option and now is back. I don't know what happened. So it's a bug that makes the display decent to use freesync?