Migraines with certain monitors

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
binodynamic

Migraines with certain monitors

Post by binodynamic » 30 Oct 2022, 18:29

I’ve been experiencing migraines from using certain monitors even after using blue light filters while using blue light filter glasses, lowering the brightness, turning off ulmb settings etc…

The first monitor I got back in 2019 I experienced headaches and eye strain just after one hour of using. It was Acer XB271HU. It used an AHVS panel made by AU Optronics.
I ended up switching to Pixio PX7 Prime which uses an AAS panel made by Innolux and I no longer had any headaches even after long gaming sessions.
Recently I upgraded my PC and decided to go with a 240hz 1440p monitor. After doing extensive research I ended up going with MSI mag274qrx. Unfortunately I’ve been experiencing similar headaches and eye strains as I was with the Acer xb271hu. However it doesn’t happen right away. It seems to occur the following day of using the monitor for 6+ hours. I couldn’t find what type of panel it uses other than Rapid IPS.
Anyone have similar experiences with certain monitors? If so, have you found what was causing it?
The only thing I can think of is I am sensitive to certain panel types.
Also, I’ve seen a lot of cases where Nano IPS monitors were causing migraines so I’ll stay away from those.
Another thing to note is I’ve never had issues using Apple displays whether it’s IPad Pro (mini-led), IPhone 13 mini (oled), or Any previous iPhones that didn’t use either oled or mini-led.