27'' UltraGear™ OLED Gaming Monitor QHD with 240Hz Refresh Rate .03ms Response Time

High Hz on OLED produce excellent strobeless motion blur reduction with fast GtG pixel response. It is easier to tell apart 60Hz vs 120Hz vs 240Hz on OLED than LCD, and more visible to mainstream. Includes WOLED and QD-OLED displays.
mossfalt

27'' UltraGear™ OLED Gaming Monitor QHD with 240Hz Refresh Rate .03ms Response Time

Post by mossfalt » 20 Nov 2022, 19:03

This looks interesting

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27gr95qe-b

phpBB [video]

F1zus

Re: 27'' UltraGear™ OLED Gaming Monitor QHD with 240Hz Refresh Rate .03ms Response Time

Post by F1zus » 21 Nov 2022, 17:40

0.03ms response time? Is this considered GtG (gray to grey)?
This monitor has no ghosting effect. This is a great gaming monitor. The best of its kind.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: 27'' UltraGear™ OLED Gaming Monitor QHD with 240Hz Refresh Rate .03ms Response Time

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 Nov 2022, 15:49

Excited about this one!

While MPRT will still be 1/240sec, OLED is currently the king of sample-and-hold in the consumer arena.

240Hz OLED has about the same motion blur as 360Hz LCD from my visual experience from what I saw at DisplayWeek in the public booth. Since at GtG=0, the only motion blur left is MPRT.

You have no GtG penalty throttling Hz improvements, so if you hate strobing, high-Hz OLED is a good one to go for!

If you absolutely hate strobing, then OLED is your guy for the most efficient low blur per Hz. 240Hz sample and hold OLED essentially has the motion clarity of a 360Hz LCD with perfect blacks, great DCI-P3 colors, and great HDR behaviors. You can't get more motion-blur-efficient than OLED on the consumer market at the moment.

I do wish BFI features were forthcoming on any of the 240Hz OLEDs, but if you don't use BFI, that's not an issue.

Let's hope latency is low, low, low, uber low -- we shall see!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Dalek

Post by Dalek » 23 Nov 2022, 17:42

Talk about ending the year on a high! "Pre-order starts December 12th. Estimated date for shipping is December 28th. Sign up to be notified of a special pre-order offer."

seabo

Post by seabo » 24 Nov 2022, 08:54

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 15:49
Excited about this one!

While MPRT will still be 1/240sec, OLED is currently the king of sample-and-hold in the consumer arena.

240Hz OLED has about the same motion blur as 360Hz LCD from my visual experience from what I saw at DisplayWeek in the public booth. Since at GtG=0, the only motion blur left is MPRT.

You have no GtG penalty throttling Hz improvements, so if you hate strobing, high-Hz OLED is a good one to go for!

If you absolutely hate strobing, then OLED is your guy for the most efficient low blur per Hz. 240Hz sample and hold OLED essentially has the motion clarity of a 360Hz LCD with perfect blacks, great DCI-P3 colors, and great HDR behaviors. You can't get more motion-blur-efficient than OLED on the consumer market at the moment.

I do wish BFI features were forthcoming on any of the 240Hz OLEDs, but if you don't use BFI, that's not an issue.

Let's hope latency is low, low, low, uber low -- we shall see!
Do you think the motion clarity will match or beat the xl2566k?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Nov 2022, 14:14

seabo wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 08:54
Do you think the motion clarity will match or beat the xl2566k?
I think XL2566k will retain the crown, for now.

OLED seems to only have a ~1.2x-1.3x advantage over E-TN

But once 360Hz OLED arrives, then no contest Hz for Hz, LCD anything (strobing=OFF) is blurrier.

But once you enable DyAc, ELMB, ULMB, VRB, etc, or especially PureXP (which beats all of then in clarity, BTW, although DyAc is brighter), LCD massively beats OLED. If you're a major strobe fan that likes shorter pulse widths, OLED is not your guy (yet).

Now, about OLED lag. It's not going to quickly get as good as LCD (yet), since the HDR goodness has some lag overheads. Time will tell if the upcoming new LG OLED has realtime cable:panel scanout (subrefresh latency) in an esports mode.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ziocomposite

Post by ziocomposite » 28 Nov 2022, 16:21

@chief I know this is for the 1440p 240hz but is there anything on the horizon for 4k 27-32" gaming variant that you may have heard of?