nVidia's CES Press Conference

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
nimbulan

Re: nVidia's CES Press Conference

Post by nimbulan » 06 Jan 2014, 00:47

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Some good stuff, but the biggest news: 2560x1440 G-SYNC is coming during Q2-2014.
And six manufacturers are now behind this technology.
And that is the only news unless you care about tablets or car computers, unfortunately. I was really hoping for some details about the G-sync upgrade kits, though now that I think about it that particular item wouldn't be of interest to enough people to include in the conference.

I must say I found the Project Mercury section a bit silly (do we really need to replace real instruments in the dash with virtual copies that are rendered to look exactly the same?) It also made me laugh to hear Huang talk about HDR and eye adaptation like it's cutting edge technology.

SisterBob

Post by SisterBob » 06 Jan 2014, 13:38

I definitely want more G-Sync info, but those mobile chips look pretty interesting. I'm interested to get more details on the Denver CPU in particular.

TheExodu5

Post by TheExodu5 » 06 Jan 2014, 16:11

I can't believe how much time was spent discussing crop circles and bonzilla...
Chief Blur Buster wrote:I bet they're going to announce more details about ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur).
I really thought they would. They didn't say a thing about it! It was the main thing I was looking forward to this conference, aside from details of Maxwell. We got neither. :(