monitor is skipping frames and i dont know where to start

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
cluelessgamerx7

monitor is skipping frames and i dont know where to start

Post by cluelessgamerx7 » 20 Jan 2023, 00:58

hello, my AW2518HF is skipping frames
its set to 240hz on HDMI connected to a CU4K30 capture card
my GPU is a GTX 1080

here are some pictures
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... _28_24.jpg
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... _28_30.jpg
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... _37_33.jpg

ive tried changing the monitor response time, tried changing pretty much every monitor setting i could go through, but to no avail. it even happens with displayport (no capture card involved) although i need to use hdmi with the capturecard, but that rules out the capture card as a cause!

ive made sure my HDMI cables are up to spec and have tried 3 different HDMI cables within spec and it didnt make a difference, whats the next step?

thanks for checking my post!

------------------ update
i realize i posted in the wrong part of the forum SORRY!! if a forum mod can move it over please do! or just tell me and i will delete it and re-post in general

-----------------additional info
while waiting for this post to be approved i joined/asked in the 'monitor enthusiasts" discord, which pointed me toward this post viewtopic.php?t=10303 which i am exploring now..

and told me my cpu usage during the test should have been at 100% but was only 10%, my power plan is set to high performance and i dont think the browser is the issue since the skipping is visible even just moving the mouse around on the desktop after a fresh reboot

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: monitor is skipping frames and i dont know where to start

Post by RealNC » 20 Jan 2023, 04:57

cluelessgamerx7 wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 00:58
Moved to correct forum section.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

cluelessgamerx7

Post by cluelessgamerx7 » 06 Feb 2023, 03:48

finally fixed, following the instructions @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfjVwuCYniQ with the timing from viewtopic.php?t=10303

what a headache

cluelessgamerx7

Post by cluelessgamerx7 » 06 Feb 2023, 14:23

also adding incase anyone runs into the same issue..

the frameskipping RETURNED after the PC was shut down overnight (even though it didnt return after multiple reboots before the overnight shutdown..?) but switching from the (newCRU)240 back to 144 and then back to the exact same (newCRU)240 fixes it again

anyway if it happens to you and youre wondering why it suddenly stopped being fixed, i did the swap in nvidia control panel. the CRU setting is under PC (native)

if anyone can shine some light on this i'd greatly appreciate it, but for now its basically solved for me, minus the inconvenience of having to fix it again if it desyncs

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 07 Feb 2023, 09:57

cluelessgamerx7 wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 14:23
also adding incase anyone runs into the same issue..

the frameskipping RETURNED after the PC was shut down overnight (even though it didnt return after multiple reboots before the overnight shutdown..?) but switching from the (newCRU)240 back to 144 and then back to the exact same (newCRU)240 fixes it again
Have you deleted the default 240Hz mode, or did you add a new one so now there's two? That might cause issues.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.