Tarkov with acer xv252q

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
zackp89

Tarkov with acer xv252q

Post by zackp89 » 18 Mar 2023, 09:08

Anybody have this monitor and play the game "escape from tarkov"?

With vrb on this monitor is so dark and wanted some advice on any settings even in nvdia control panel or the monitor itself.

Thanks in advance!

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Tarkov with acer xv252q

Post by RealNC » 18 Mar 2023, 10:26

zackp89 wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 09:08
With vrb on this monitor is so dark and wanted some advice on any settings even in nvdia control panel or the monitor itself.
If the monitor has settings for pulse width, that might help. Other than that, there's nothing you can do to increase brightness other than cranking the brightness up to 100% and playing during night hours with your room lights turned down.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

masterblaster

Post by masterblaster » 18 Mar 2023, 12:38

So.. that monitor is kinda tricky. I dont own the acer xv252q but I do own the acer Aopen firelegend one which is their off brand named version of the same thing.

You can mess with the brightness setting of course, as well as the gamma. Past that, from what I understand you need to disable max brightness setting, then enable VRB and THEN re-enable max brightness. That should give you the high brightness for strobing. Unless acer fixed this, this is what you have to do to get high brightness for strobing mode.

I will note, I think this is a workaround for the Acer XV252q and not my version the Aopen Firelegend because this "workaround" did not work for my Aopen 390hz. The "TVR" which is what its named on mine at extreme is pretty dim. The normal mode is nice and bright, but the extreme is very dim for me.

zackp89

Post by zackp89 » 18 Mar 2023, 17:18

masterblaster wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 12:38
So.. that monitor is kinda tricky. I dont own the acer xv252q but I do own the acer Aopen firelegend one which is their off brand named version of the same thing.

You can mess with the brightness setting of course, as well as the gamma. Past that, from what I understand you need to disable max brightness setting, then enable VRB and THEN re-enable max brightness. That should give you the high brightness for strobing. Unless acer fixed this, this is what you have to do to get high brightness for strobing mode.

I will note, I think this is a workaround for the Acer XV252q and not my version the Aopen Firelegend because this "workaround" did not work for my Aopen 390hz. The "TVR" which is what its named on mine at extreme is pretty dim. The normal mode is nice and bright, but the extreme is very dim for me.
Hey im unable to do this because everytime I switch vrb to extreme it switched off max brightness.... I can play with vrb normal and its bright but wont that be worse for motion responsiveness ?

zackp89

Post by zackp89 » 18 Mar 2023, 17:25

masterblaster wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 12:38

Im not able to use vrb extreme with max brightness it always switches it off... Is vrb normal fine to use? It dosent feel as snappy tho.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 19 Mar 2023, 10:42

zackp89 wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 17:25
Im not able to use vrb extreme with max brightness it always switches it off... Is vrb normal fine to use? It dosent feel as snappy tho.
OK, so it appears that the different VRB modes are controlling the pulse width of the strobe. So yes, "normal" should be brighter. It's still miles ahead compared to VRB off. I don't know what "snappy" means. There shouldn't be any latency difference at all between normal and extreme. Unless the setting doesn't just control pulse width, but also changes strobe phase. I don't know if that's the case, maybe someone else knows.

But note that strobe phase can only have a rather minimal impact on latency anyway, and the higher the refresh rate, the less the impact is. At 240Hz, it's less than 2ms. At 360Hz, it should be barely higher than 1ms.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

masterblaster

Post by masterblaster » 19 Mar 2023, 12:09

masterblaster wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 12:09
zackp89 wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 17:25

Im not able to use vrb extreme with max brightness it always switches it off... Is vrb normal fine to use? It dosen't feel as snappy tho.

Yeah. As I said, I cant use that "workaround" on my Aopen model so.... My vrb extreme is pretty dim too. I don't know... I have the same issue with mine, it greys out the max brightness and has it as off when vrb is enabled. Maybe they had a firmware update at some point and it doesn't allow the workaround anymore?

I don't use strobing personally. The monitor is pretty damn fast at 390hz already. I am not sure strobing is that important when the default is already 390hz, you know what I mean? It would be a little different if the normal hz of the monitor was like 165 or something.

And yes, normal vrb is very bright. Just use normal or vrb off maybe then. I don't think strobing makes much of a difference personally.

Deadmanx

Post by Deadmanx » 19 Mar 2023, 18:53

I agree off or normal... I use od @ extreme and everything else off.. tvr/vrb I don't see any difference.