Upgrade help from trusty old TN

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Golde

Upgrade help from trusty old TN

Post by Golde » 22 Mar 2023, 03:11

Hi,

I had a LG 27GK750F-B for the longest time, which was the perfect monitor to me in every way. It was a 27inch TN that supported strobbing at 240hz and had actual functional built in crosshair that didn't look like some junk out of halo.

Since IPS became all the rage, I tried a few 240hz IPS monitors including the newer lg successor but never really liked them. They were all incredibly gimmicky, can't change brightness or overdrive while strobbing (if they strobbed at all). And I eventually settled with an ASUS vg279qm which seemed be alright until it started to flicker to black recently. While it's still serviceable, I've confirmed it's a hardware issue and am getting a replacement. I've considered getting a benq but also didn't want to miss out on the nice ips colors.

I don't even know what's good these days, but ideally I'd like to not go through 4 separate returns this time around :|

I've made a list of criteria, if you have any recommendations, please do share, thanks.

27in
240hz or above
Strobbing (bfi, ulmb, dyac)
IPS or better
1080/1440 no preference (running a 4090)
workable crosshair is a bonus