Eye Strain

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
MMac

Eye Strain

Post by MMac » 23 Mar 2023, 20:43

I am a person with eye strain issues with newer technology.

My current technology is MacBook Air Retina 2020, a Nintendo Switch, a Play Station 5, and a 38 inch Visio D. It is this but the Walmart Series of this brand. The MacBook Air doesn't give me any eye issues. I can't use my Play Station 5 with the Visio D, I just get sick. I was fine with the Nintendo Switch until about 6 months ago, and it started causing me the same eye strain the play station 5 does.

I am in the market for a new television. Something with 3 HDMI ports, and options to help with the eye strain. Any suggestions would help. I read the the thread by Lawlbringer. I've seen an Optometrist, Ophthalmologist and neuro ophthalmologist, and none of them have discovered why my problems are within the range of their specialties. I am okay with cable television with my Visio D, but playing other media on it. Walking into the television sections of Walmart, Best Buy, and Target make me sick, but walking into restaurants and viewing tv's there has been fine for me.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Eye Strain

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Mar 2023, 21:15

Hello!

Welcome! I used to moderate AVSFORUM (HTPC forum, 1999-2001); so I recognize you coming from there. But your earlier post that I manually approved has somehow disappeared (you must have self-deleted it). I had merged two posts into one thread, intentionally, but that thread somehow disappeared. I guess you manually self-deleted the thread;

When you post, please post only once. I'll reply in bigger detail soon, but I wanted to tell you that new-user posts automatically get put into a manual-approve queue. So if your posts or post edits don't appear right away, that's why.

I'm replying now simply to tell you not to repeatedly submit the same post;
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

MMac

Re: Eye Strain

Post by MMac » 24 Mar 2023, 14:05

I apologize for the multiple posts. I thought when I edited my post that is was deleted.